Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Lead Disaster Recovery Specialist - Remote
Our Housing and Community Development team is growing and we are looking for a self-motivated Housing & Community Development expert to be an integral senior member of our technical assistance team leading and supporting capacity building efforts related to U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development funding.
You must be a pro-active, team player able to lead in a fast-paced environment who will be responsible for supporting a wide range of technical assistance engagements, providing direct guidance to grantees or federal partners, and developing products and written materials that help improve the effectiveness of federally-assisted community development, housing, and economic programs.
Learn more about our work - https://www.icf.com/work/social-programs
What you'll be doing:
• Leading and coordinating components of large and small technical assistance and training engagements to assist cities, counties, states, tribes, and non-profit entities in the design and implementation of policies and programs involving HUD funding sources, specifically the Community Development Block Grant Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR) program and special programs such as CDBG-CV CARES Act.
• Providing advisory and consulting services to clients through one-on-one technical assistance, developing and delivering group training sessions, and creating written products and tools which may be applied to specific engagements and/or shared nationally.
• Supporting local efforts to address specific challenges related to compliance with HUD funding requirements and long-term housing and community development solutions.
• Leading and managing teams, budgets, project deliverables, communication with technical assistance recipients, and relationships with HUD and other funders.
• Overseeing priorities to ensure the completion of projects in an accurate, timely, and cost-effective manner.• Performing quality control on products and tools to ensure accuracy, consistency, and compliance with regulations.
• Bachelor’s degree in Public Policy, Government, Planning, or related discipline.
• Demonstrated knowledge of how housing and community and economic development programs are implemented at the state and/or local levels.
• 7+ years of direct experience at a grantee or consulting firm that worked directly with CDBG-DR programs.
• Experience developing and implementing project/team processes.
• Experience in cross cutting federal regulations such as the Uniform Relocation Act (URA), Fair Housing, Lead Based Paint, etc
• Project management skills and experience.• Willingness to travel.
• Master’s degree in Public Policy, Government, Planning, or related discipline.
• Experience with State CDBG programs and cross-cutting federal requirements such as the Uniform Relocation Act (URA), Fair Housing, Lead Based Paint, etc.
• Team player with the ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced environment;
• Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and consultants;
• Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills;
• Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences;
• Excellent problem-solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems, and recommend solutions;
• Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, Teams);
• Ability to be flexible and handle multiple priorities; and• Comfort with a remote team environment.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
N Carolina Remote Office (NC99)