Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Knowledge Management and Peer Group Project Specialist - REMOTE
ICF seeks a Knowledge Management and Peer Group Project Specialist to support the Child Welfare Capacity Building Center for States (the Center) contract with the Children’s Bureau. The purpose of the Center is to support and enable child welfare agencies across the country to build on and expand their capacities to serve their communities and to keep children safe and families strong. The Center helps advance the Children’s Bureau’s priorities around shared decision-making with individuals with lived experience, racial equity, and providing prevention-oriented services to help all families thrive. The ideal candidate will lead the coordination of Knowledge Management reports and peer group coordination and management. They will also be responsible for internal and external Center messaging and for supporting ad hoc meetings/projects as needs arise. The candidate will work alongside the supervisor to bring project management methodology standards to the Knowledge Manage Team, ensuring consistent processes, templates, and training support across the project. The successful candidate is flexible with demonstrated experience of managing and coordinating multiple projects and tasks as they arise. This position is fully remote.
- Provide project management and coordination support to the Knowledge Management Team Leads, particularly work under the Program Area Manager and Constituency Service subgroups
- Provide leadership across projects in innovation and problem-solving
- Support the development of a project management infrastructure on the Knowledge Management team, including the standardization of tools, protocols, and processes, used to achieve a consistent project management approach
- Work alongside Constituency Service leads to aid in Peer Group meeting planning, event development and day-of technical support needs
- Lead the development, coordination, and/or review of Knowledge Management reports to ensure high quality production of client-ready deliverables
- Utilize appropriate project management tools to support the ongoing work of the project team and to identify any potential risks and corresponding solutions to keep the work on time and within budget and scope
- Maintain project electronic workspace that is accessible to all team members, including tracking of meeting minutes, work plans, written deliverables, and any other relevant project materials
- Lead the development of team messaging including Spotlight on Messages and Peer Group Newsletters
- Provide feedback about challenges and successes, and troubleshoot any barriers encountered within the assigned tasks
- Lead the coordination, tracking and populating of all Knowledge Management final client deliverables to Center SharePoint site
- Plan and facilitate team meetings related to assigned team projects
- Provide technical virtual meeting and training support across Center projects
- Bachelor’s degree in public administration, human services, or related field
- 3+ years of professional project management or coordination experience, including managing project schedules, managing multiple tasks concurrently, and organization of project documents
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong stakeholder and partner relationships, including balancing multiple perspectives/needs
- Understanding of project management terms and processes
- Experience in training and technical assistance (T&TA) and/or capacity building provision in a human services field, preferably child welfare
- Education and/or experience in the application of race equity, diversity, and inclusion of social justice strategies in human service settings
- Project management or coordination experience for a child welfare project
- Experience with project management tools such as Smartsheet and PowerB
- Solid team builder and team player with proven ability to manage competing priorities, perspectives, and stakeholder needs
- Ability to deal effectively with rapid change and to prioritize work quickly in response to changing needs
- Ability to promote and contribute to an equitable and inclusive organizational culture and environment
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Demonstrated, outstanding level of professionalism in providing administrative support, including ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy
- Strong attention to detail and ability to produce client-ready deliverables
- Excellent problem-solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions
- Proficient with MS Office applications (e.g. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Proficient with virtual communication platforms (Teams, Zoom, Mural, etc.)
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
DC Remote Office (DC99)