Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Junior/Senior - Events and project administrator
Junior/Senior - Event and project administration
Location: Birmingham or Brussels
ICF is a leading provider of consulting services and technology solutions to governments and commercial clients in the United Kingdom, Europe and globally.
We are expanding our services, and to promote this growth, we are looking for a Junior/ Senior Events and project administrator to join our team working on the implementation of large and complex European contracts.
As an Events and project administrator, you will assist with all aspects of event management and provide significant administrative and project support to a range of activities. You will work across a range of contracts, depending on how our portfolio, and your skills and interest evolve.
This is a varied role, covering the organisation of face-to-face, virtual and hybrid models of events, as well as supporting Project Managers with contractual, financial, and organisational aspects of project delivery.
This can include setting up online event spaces, coordinating the invitation and registration processes, providing support to event participants, co-technical facilitation for online events, managing group chats, venue booking, travel/accommodation and preparation of event materials; maintenance of administrative systems and files; monitoring of functional mailboxes; administration of online and paper surveys; updates of websites and portals; and coordination with external experts, subcontractors and stakeholders.
Main Responsibilities :
- Under the direction of Project Managers, support/lead the preparation and organisation of a series events.
- Overseeing the invitation and registration processes, closely monitoring time limits, and providing periodic reports to Project Managers and clients.
- Organising the facilities and event set-up, which includes developing relationships with venues and external suppliers, and responding to client requirements whilst staying within agreed budgets.
- Coordinating/supporting the preparation of delegate packs, event materials and pre-event information.
- Providing onsite/online support during an event, including organising suppliers, providing reception duties, assisting participants, and proactively handling any issues arising on the day of the event.
- Administrative tasks, such as accurately updating various databases, spreadsheets and filing systems.
- Researching and booking travel and hotels for internal staff and external parties, including coordinating with travel agencies.
- Preparing and issuing subcontracts, using a standard template.
- Providing high quality formatting and proof-reading various documents, taking notes in internal meetings, and uploading information and documents to website and portals.
- Team liaison, monitoring functional email boxes.
- Administering online and paper-based surveys, reporting on outcomes and proposing ideas to improve event delivery.
- Providing other general administrative support, as and when required.
- Graduate or a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar environment.
- Previous event administration experience:
- Junior level – up to 2 years
- Senior level – 3 to 5 years
- Excellent oral and written English, fluency in another European language an advantage.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft applications, particularly Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of Teams/CISCO Webex/Zoom Meetings and various functionality is an advantage.
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information.
- Experience in delegating tasks and supervising others an advantage.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and self-motivation.
- Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Excellent organisational skills, with a methodical and thorough approach.
- Ability to manage a varied workload to achieve agreed deadlines without compromising quality or standards.
- Ability to work within multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary teams spread across different countries and time zone.
- Ability to demonstrate a 'can-do approach', being a problem solver and team player.
- Ability to work with all levels of internal and external parties, including clients.
- Ability to travel occasionally to events.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Brussels, Belgium (BE75)