Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Junior .Net Developer
ICF is looking for a mission driven software developer with solid experience in the full application development life cycle. A developer who is passionate about solving problems, helping people, and coming up with innovative ideas to improve existing processes. In your role as part of the fight against Cancer you will be working on a small development team that is responsible for creating new software, as well as maintaining and optimizing existing applications.
ICF partners with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to monitor the diagnoses, frequencies, locations, and treatments of cancer so researchers, doctors and policymakers can better understand how to fight it. We created the National Program of Cancer Registries Cancer Surveillance System (NPCR-CSS), the largest population-based disease surveillance system in the U.S., which processes cancer-related data from 49 states and territories.
In this role you may also have the opportunity to support projects that encompass a variety of clients and categories allowing you to pick up new experiences and skillsets along the way. Historically, most of our projects have been small to medium size, which means you will have plenty of opportunity to play an active role in each phase of project, from requirements gathering to maintenance.
This position is located in Rockville, MD and would allow some remote work with 2-3 days on site in our Rockville, MD ICF office.
- Develop a custom windows service to run schedular
- Have an understanding of how to use API’s with .Net based web and standalone applications
- Develop and maintain SQL queries
- Write/conduct unit, integration, and systems testing of components (when it makes sense)
- Analyze existing applications, identify issues, and devise solutions that make them better
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience
- Experience with C#, SQL, LINQ
- Writes clean, concise, meaningful code that other software engineers can easily follow and understand and document
- Comfortable working in layers of a software application (database to front-end)
- Talented at troubleshooting and identifying bugs, issues, and impediments; and devising efficient, cost-effective solutions
- Experience with XML/XSLT/XML path
- Experience with Visual Studio, .Net Framework 3.5 and later, IIS
- Knowledge of 508 section compliance
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Rockville, MD (MD18)