Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Junior Knowledge Management Specialist (Consultant)
ICF is hiring a US-based Junior Knowledge Management Specialist to support a knowledge management and taxonomy analysis task for the US Department of Labor Bureau of International Labor Affairs (ILAB). The position will be part time and work will be done remotely. It is estimated the job will last from late December 2021/beginning of January 2022 to the end of September 2022. The consultant hired in this position must first complete security clearance forms and the USDOL security process.
- Understand the purpose and scope the taxonomy and knowledge management strategy for the knowledge management system.
- Read and review a large number of ILAB grantee-created resources and information about ILAB grants projects to identify key parameters of the content, as expressed in a taxonomy.
- Use a taxonomy of terms to accurately categorize reviewed content, project information, project documents and resources, reports, and learnings on how to increase effectiveness of grants to eliminate Child Labor, Forced Labor, and Human Trafficking.
- Provide feedback on the effectiveness of the existing taxonomy.
- Upload tagged content into the available web CMS.
- Perform quality control/testing and provide feedback on the functioning of taxonomy driven web features in displaying tagged content.
- Maintain a well-organized repository and pipeline of content for review and upload.
- Maintain open communication and effective collaboration with team members and supervisors to enable continuous performance improvement.
- Other, related responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s encouraged.
- Experience in information management, as well as research or analysis preferred.
- Familiar with using content management systems and the application of taxonomies (tagging).
- Logical and analytical, with a strong attention to detail
- Strong focus on quality
- Self-starter, able to work independently
- Excellent organizational, collaboration, and communication skills
Contact: Please send CV to Suteera Nagavajara, Research Director, ICF, International Health and Development Team, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
DC Remote Office (DC99)