Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Junior Consultant - Energy and Climate
Junior Consultant - Energy and Climate
ICF helps its clients to consider the impacts of policy choices on the environment, climate, society, health and the economy. We offer research, analysis and programme management services to policymakers in the UK Government, European Commission and international governments and donors. We provide decision-makers with evidence on impacts, advice on how policies are working and analysis of the likely effects of proposed policies. Our work involves programme management for technical assistance energy and climate programmes, including significant work under UK-funded programmes.
Our Energy and Climate team works extensively on mitigating greenhouse gas emissions at national and international levels. Our experts work at the intersection of policy and practice, helping government and commercial clients worldwide devise effective energy and climate strategies and deliver implementation programmes.
For example, we are currently working on:
· Implementing grant support programmes for international climate technical assistance and innovative low-carbon solutions.
· Implementing financial mechanisms to deploy innovative renewable energy and low carbon technologies at large scale.
· Competitiveness analyses of the European low carbon industry.
· Technical assistance to help EU Member States implement their National Energy and Climate Plans (NECPs).
· Sustainability programmes in industry and commerce.
· Technical and economic analysis to underpin energy efficiency incentives.
· Ecodesign and labelling regulations for a wide range of energy-using products.
We would like to add a Junior Consultant to the Energy and Climate team, to help with operational, research and analyst duties to help the delivery of a large international low-carbon technical assistance programme. This recruitment is for graduates with some level of professional experience.
· Work as part of a multi-national, collaborative team of energy and climate consultants, engineers, and economists, to:
· Support research, analysis, policy, technical assistance and evaluation of projects in energy and climate sectors.
· Engage with stakeholders through both quantitative and qualitative survey and technical-economic analysis tasks.
· Maintain appropriate records / uphold quality assurance integrity.
· Provide operational support for grant management programmes.
· Support business development activities.
· Fluency in spoken and written English
· Understanding of international climate policy issues, including climate change mitigation measures.
· Strong qualitative and quantitative analysis capability.
· Proven high degree of determination to meet customers' needs.
· Proven communication skills.
· Masters’ degree in related discipline (E.g. energy, climate, sustainability, international development).
· 1-2 year's professional experience.
· Experience of working with multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary teams spread across several countries and time zones.
· Understanding of low-carbon development and expertise in one or more energy and climate sectors, including: green finance, nature-based solutions, electric vehicles, energy efficiency and smart energy.
· Knowledge of UK and international policies and programmes accelerating the low-carbon transition.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
London Riverscape (GB75)