Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Jr. Operations Specialist
ICF is seeking a full-time Operations Specialist to provide support, as part of a team, to the staff and management within one of our organization’s Operating Groups. This is a growth opportunity ideal for a candidate seeking new challenges implementing tools, technologies, and process in a dynamic environment – with both autonomy and teamwork.
What You’ll Be Doing:
The Operations Specialist will be aligned with our Service Delivery Team and Operations Business Partners supporting business growth and program delivery in our Public Sector Group.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Facilitating delivery of day-to-day administrative, operational, and programmatic activities – i.e. progress reports, presentations, building pivot tables and submitting purchase orders
- Ensuring that ICF’s internal business processes are followed/executed
- Ensuring deadlines are met
You will often interact with internal leaders and corporate teams. In this role, you are invited to analyze and help solve complex problems with our team, while working independently on daily tasks.
What You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Mathematics or Statistics
- Passion for technology and the ability to learn new applications and systems
- Mathematical skills to process business calculations
- Problem-solving skills to find multiple viable solutions to challenges
- Experience using Microsoft tools such as Excel
- Analytical skills to process large amounts of data
- Critical thinking to determine what data and information is useful for the specific task
What We’d Like You to Have:
- Work with a sense of urgency and humor
- Can communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing
- Can make recommendations for quality improvements
- Are known for being analytical – looking at things from all angles
- Are resourceful and intellectually curious
- Enjoy working in teams
- Previous employment with DoD or a U.S Veteran
- Experience with any of the following: status reporting, analysis, data entry, time reporting, purchase orders, performance metrics, quality, customer surveys, and staff award programs
- Ability to contribute to a high-performing, goal-oriented and motivated workgroup
- Talent to contribute to an environment that facilitates high performance
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Rockville, MD (MD18)