Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Jr Business Analyst
Junior Business Analyst
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
ICF is seeking an Junior Business Analyst to work within a dynamic and highly innovative team environment in our Growth, Engagement & Insights group.
You may be required to participate in periodic drug testing and background checks.
- Assist in the monitoring of the financial performance of contracts
- Assist in preparation and updates to client-facing forecasts, unbilled analysis, and variance reports on a regular basis;
- Meet with clients on a monthly and ad-hoc basis to review budgets, spending, forecasts, and variances
- Assist in conducting ad-hoc data analysis using a variety of software tools and prepare reports for management;
- Assist with timely invoicing; coordinate, track, and monitor invoicing process monthly; assist in producing invoice required supporting documentation;
- Work closely with program staff regarding financial management and corporate-wide initiatives; assist with preparation of supporting analysis for periodic project performance and revenue reviews;
- Assist with research, data gathering and compilation, and documentation as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience; preferably in Finance/Accounting/Economics/Business Administration or related field
- 1+ years of demonstrated experience as a business analyst, financial analyst, or related position;
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge and experience working with Microsoft Excel including proficiency in basic formulas, equations, functions, and pivot tables;
- Experience writing macros, working in PowerPivot and/or Power BI a big plus, but not required.
- Demonstrated experience working in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Experience/Exposure in the utility, energy, and/or energy efficiency sectors is a plus
- Superior interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, and a cooperative attitude;
- Must be flexible and able to handle multiple and shifting priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Self-disciplined, organized, and internally motivated;
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities;
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment;
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information;
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
Excellent problem solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)