Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
ICF is a rapidly growing, entrepreneurial, multi-faceted consulting company, seeking an Elasticsearch Developer. This developer will help re-design and build a new website for government agency committed to improving child welfare. The ICF team performs custom software development and maintenance on a suite of web-based applications. The team works closely with clients and other contractors to ensure the performance and reliability of public-facing, mission-critical applications.
This role can be 100% remote, sitting anywhere within the US. Travel to DC Metro up to 4 times per year for meetings if possible.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work in an Agile team with clients to build websites and applications
- Design and tailor Elasticsearch indices for high relevancy search results and hit highlights
- Tailor Elasticsearch analyzers, especially for stemming and synonym management
- Build a search API to federate search queries and prioritize hits and hit highlights
- Build serverless APIs and data routines to ingest data and populate the indices from various sources
What you must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or other related scientific or technical discipline
- 4 or more years’ experience in software development
- 2 or more years' experience working with Elasticsearch
- Due to government contract, this role requires that you be a US Citizen or green card holder.
What we'd like you to have:
- Experience proving comprehensive search solutions for digital web platforms
- Experience with creating and deploying AWS Lambdas
- Experience creating and managing Elasticsearch clusters including via infrastructure-as-code.
Why you’ll love working here:
- Generous vacation and retirement plans
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Flexible work location
- Diverse workforce that values equality and inclusion
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Friendly community with lots of social events
- Participation in charity initiatives
- Employee support program
Technologies you’ll use:
AWS Cloud, Python, Node, Elasticsearch
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)