Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Java Senior Developer REMOTE (Cloud)
ICF is looking for a Full Stack Java Developer to support our client! This role can sit anywhere in the US, and is a full time, remote/virtual role.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborate with others to define and implement optimal, complete solutions based on stakeholder needs.
- Design back-end and front-end web-based software or customize software for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency.
- Analyze and design databases within an application area, working individually or coordinating database development as part of a team.
- Apply and generate best practices in multiple technical domains using various technology products and services.
- Ensure solutions are developed and packaged in an easily consumable and repeatable way for customers and internal technical teams.
- Capture and share best practice knowledge with the internal technical teams.
What you must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or other related scientific or technical discipline
- 3 or more years of experience with building full stack web-based enterprise systems
- 4 or more years of experience in developing API’s, microservices
- Experience in migrating application to AWS
- 5 or more years of experience in developing Java based application using frameworks – Spring 5, Struts 2.5, Hibernate 5
What we'd like you to have:
- Strong experience with SQL and database development
- A background developing and deploying applications to the AWS Cloud
- Knowledge of XML
- Familiarity with federal cybersecurity requirements
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, especially in a client interaction context and in facilitating large team meetings to drive delivery
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and within one or more teams with excellent time management, organizational, and reporting skills
What you'll love about working here:
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Generous vacation and retirement plans
- Employee support program
- Participation in charity initiatives
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)