Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Java Developer (Remote)
*We are open to supporting 100% remote work anywhere within the US.*
ICF is seeking Java developers of all levels for an enterprise big data and analytics platform that utilizes emerging technology to ingest data in real-time at extreme volumes and high velocity; Full development life cycle and production support/application maintenance in Agile/rapid development environment.
· Develop Java based frameworks for complex data processing.
· Develop understanding of client business processes, objectives, and solution requirements. Participate in project work groups with subject matter experts and stakeholders to understand data specific needs.
· Develop understanding of application processes, coding standards, and performance standards. Learn existing and new processes and technologies.
· Work with team lead / solution architect on solution design. Analyze and convert business requirements to technical requirements. Design logical and physical ERD diagrams, process flow diagrams, and related data processing design documentation.
· Code per development, performance, and secure coding standards; resolve defects identified in testing and code reviews.
· Execute performance test and tuning activities.
· Support production deployment, production support and work on sprint team in agile, rapid development/deployment environment.
· Support production application - investigate and resolve production inquiries and issues. Requires flexible schedule.
· Communicate status to team lead / project oversight.
· 1+ years of Java based software development - J2EE, Spring
· 1+ years of Transactional and BI reporting systems (e.g. OLAP and data warehouse) - design, development, tuning, and production support
· 1+ years of experience with Database design and modeling - logical and physical
· 1+ years of ETL development and Performance tuning - table partitioning and indexing, process threading.
· Postal or mailing industry experience
· Traditional and NoSQL database platforms - Oracle, Cassandra, Hadoop
· Various frontend platforms - Qlik, D3/Angular.js
· Production support experience
· Database storage sizing and maintenance
· Agile development methodology and detail oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
· Great communications skills (both verbal & written)
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)