Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
IT Technical Writer
ICF’s Digital Modernization Division is a rapidly growing, entrepreneurial, technology department, seeking a Technical Writer to support the current needs of our federal customers.
Our Digital Modernization Division is an information technology and management consulting department that offers integrated, strategic solutions to its public and private-sector clients. ICF has the expertise, agility, and commitment to design, build, and operate high-performance IT engines to support all aspects of our client’s business.
ICF’s IT modernization division is a rapidly growing, entrepreneurial, technology-driven department, seeking a Technical Writer to support a variety of Federal clients, including the National Institutes of Health (NIH). Some work will be required to be performed at a client site in Rockville, MD.
- Elicit requirements using requirements sessions, document analysis, surveys, interviews, business process descriptions, use cases, business analysis, etc.
- Translate technical terms into plain language
- Research, outline and develop reports on technical concepts
- Author documentation for publication both within the organization and externally using input provided by team members, stakeholders, and other content providers.
- Write a variety of technical articles, reports, process guides, or other document types for a wide range of uses.
- Ensure content is of high quality and confirms standards and style guidelines.
- Document discussions during facilitated sessions to capture information
- Ensure content is of high quality and confirms standards
Required Skills and Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- 2+ years of experience in business analysis within an application development project
- 2+ years of experience working with technical teams to develop and deliver technical documentation and SOP development
- 2+ years doing research, outlines, and developing reports on technical concepts
- A proven ability to digest complex information into clear and concise text.
- Excellent writing and grammar skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- US Citizen or Green Card Holder due to federal contract requirements
- MUST RESIDE IN THE United States (U.S.) and the work MUST BE PERFORMED in the United States (U.S.), as this work is for a federal contract and laws do apply
- 2+ years of experience working with tools such as JIRA and Confluence
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Growth Mindset
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is
$58,520.00 - $99,484.00
Rockville, MD (MD18)