Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
IT Support Specialist II
IT Support Specialist- Tier II
ICF International is seeking an IT Support Specialist to work in our Corporate Information Technology (CIT) organization based in Chicago, IL office. ICF’s IT Support Specialists provide mid-level analysis and technical support for the ICF employee user community, including multiple levels of users, management, and technical staff globally.
- Provides technical support to the organization's on-site and remote users for computer applications and hardware (e.g., PCs, PC peripherals, network).
- Provides end-user software troubleshooting and support.
- Answer incoming support calls by telephone in a call rotation and managing first response to tickets coming into the queue by email and portal.
- Provides remote desktop support
- Installs, configures, and upgrades computer hardware and software.
- Collaborates with network services, software systems engineering and/or application development in order to restore service and/or identify problems.
- Answers questions by applying knowledge of computer software, hardware, and procedures.
- Uses advanced diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes, and recommend solutions.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Working hours will be Monday-Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm or as agreed upon.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience
- 5-10+ years of related experience supporting IT operations and working in a call center type environment.
- Experience with the Office 365 Cloud Services (OneDrive, SharePoint, Teams, Yammer, Steam, etc.)
- Answer calls and remote desktop support. Bomgar a plus but not required.
- Used a formal trouble ticket system.
- Professional experience troubleshooting Microsoft Windows 10 O/S and Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook and Skype for Business
- Experience supporting Dell / HP hardware / Mac
- Experience with Active Directory/Exchange management
- Experience with Microsoft technologies, including all Microsoft 365 Services Professional experience troubleshooting Microsoft Windows 10 and Mac OS.
- Experience supporting hardware issues.
- 5 years of first/second line support experience, within IT operations.
- Experience with Active Directory/Exchange management.
- A+ certification, MCP / MCSA certification would be advantageous.
- Experience working within an ITIL framework.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skill.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to balance multiple assignments and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, including the ability to elicit valuable information on technical problems from non-technical users to resolve their problems.
- Strong attention to details.
- The ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
- Enthusiasm, a passion for team working and a ‘can do’ attitude.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award-winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized, and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EEO/AA – Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities)
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Chicago, IL (IL14)