Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
IT Specialist- New Delhi, India
Infectious Disease Detection and Surveillance (IDDS) is a five-year United States Agency for International Development (USAID)-funded project with the following overall objectives: (1) Improve the detection of diseases of public health importance and identification of antimicrobial resistance (AMR) in priority infectious diseases including Tuberculosis (TB) through an accessible, accurate, adaptable, timely, and integrated diagnostic network system; (2)Improve the quality of real-time surveillance systems for pathogens of greatest public health concern, including AMR and zoonotic diseases, and; (3) Generate evidence-based guidance and innovative solutions to strengthen in-country diagnostic networks and surveillance systems.
In India, the IDDS project will focus on activities and interventions to strengthen the TB diagnostics network and build on previous USAID and US Governments investments and activities for improved TB diagnostics including multi-drug resistant (MDR) TB, and AMR activities. IDDS activities will enhance the impact of TB support provided by the Global Fund and other donors to the Government of India’s TB strategic plan objectives and achieve the UN high level meeting targets. IDDS will focus on activities to achieve three key results:
(i) Strengthen the public-sector network of TB laboratories to improve quality and efficiencies of the TB diagnostics cascade in NTEP, (ii) Improve the private sector laboratories engagement for TB/DR-TB diagnostics, and (iii) Design and implement research on new TB diagnostic tools to inform policies and best practices.
ICF is seeking an IT Specialist to support:
1. Public sector thematic area in the development and validation of the forecasting tool in coordination with an IT agency to assist NRLs, IRLs and TB C&DST laboratories to estimate the requirement of laboratory consumables. In addition, the person will support development of an IT tool for a) collection, collation, and analysis of laboratory testing data, b) reporting and feedback on lab performance indicators, and c) to digitalize the feedback and quarterly reports of supervision and monitoring visits by NRLs, and IRLs.
2. Private sector thematic area-in a) digitalizing the recording and reporting formats in TB one stop services model for the implementation period b) assist site coordinator in validation of reports submitted and ensure timely troubleshooting assistance while reporting in NIKSHAY surveillance portal c) responsible for storage of all project data systematically d) provide technical assistance in data analysis using program tools and software packages e) support in development of tools for costing survey project as per the assessed requirement during the process of project implementation etc.
3. Research thematic area- in a a) provide technical assistance using data visualization tools like power BI etc. b) technically responsible to learn and provide assistance if any additional statistical analytical skills required using SQL or R or Python when handling huge data sets. c) crucial role to develop additional software tools, websites or smart tools if required during various stages of research projects
4. For the Antimicrobial resistance area, provide technical and analytical skills in handling software packages, data analysis, smart tools etc. as required in various stages of project implementation
In general, as an integral member of IDDS India team the person will be accountable to contribute through strategic thinking, technical expertise, timely smart tool development, validation tools, helping team fastening the systematic processes and timely results demonstration.
The position will be based in New Delhi, India and will involve frequent in-country travel. The work will focus primarily on assisting public health systems but will also include data analysis related to private sector involvement and TB diagnostic research.
This position reports to the IDDS Team Lead with close coordination with counterpart(s) based in New Delhi, India.
Responsibilities and tasks:
The IT specialist will be supporting the team in achieving the activities milestones. Following are the tasks and responsibilities:
- Support in preparation of list of all consumables required for diagnostics services at TB C&DST laboratories in NTEP and calculate the consumables required for batch testing for each diagnostic methodology
- Development and validation of the forecasting tool in coordination with a IT agency to assist NRLs, IRLs and TB C&DST laboratories to estimate the requirement of laboratory consumables
- Facilitating development an IT tool for collection, collation, and analysis of laboratory testing data, b) reporting and feedback on lab performance indicators
- Support digitalization of the feedback and quarterly reports of supervision and monitoring visits by NRLs, and IRLs.
- Support in management and analysis of data/indicators collected from NRLs/IRLs and TB C&DST laboratories
- Develop various analytical tools for different activities using IT platforms in maintenance of data security clause.
- Assist in high quality data collection, monitoring tools development and its processes.
- Support team in conducting quick and error free data analysis using advance excel, STATA, R, SQL, Python, SPSS etc. with minimum supervision required.
- Support in conducting monitoring and evaluation activities at ease.
- Support in electronic data capturing and tools development where third party is hired, including liaise with firm about the requirement, quality assessment of the deliverables within project timeline. Any other task as assigned by the activity managers and team lead.
Qualification and Skills:
- A graduate degree preferably in computer science/ data science/ information technology/ engineering in related subject with minimum five years of experience in development sector.
- A master’s degree in above fields with minimum 3-5 years of experience in development sector
- Experience working on SQL, R, Python platforms will be an asset
- Experience handling statistical package software’s like SPSS or STRATA is expected
- Knowledge of programming languages used for different IT platform and websites development.
- Ability to manage databases and resolve issues quickly.
- Demonstrated experience in developing analytical tool for project activities.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 30% including regionally
- Fluent in Hindi and English.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
New Delhi, India (II77)