Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
IT Project Manager - Jr.
ICF is looking for a Project Manager - Jr to support a large, business analysis and management support services contract. Join our 50+ person team and help us lead IT infrastructure and modernization initiatives for our client. If you are looking for a hands-on opportunity and want to put your project management skills to use, this role may be for you.
This position is based on client site in Arlington, VA (remotely during COVID-19).
What you’ll be doing:
- Providing complex project management support to a federal CIO Project Management Office.
- Providing assistance with planning and obtaining commitments to complete tasks within established schedule and budget constraints.
- Conducting detail-oriented business and technical analysis to discover, refine, and document the requirements for technically-oriented projects.
- Identifying potential risks and issues, designing mitigation tactics, and implementing solutions to mitigate any anticipated problems.
- In collaboration with the support team and client(s), resolving unique systems problems, accomplishing tasks within estimated timeframes and budget constraints, and may serve as a technical authority for a particular task area.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Computer Science, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- 2-3 years of IT experience; 3-5 years of project management experience.
- Experience working in an Agile project management environment.
- Proficiency in using project management tools (ServiceNow ITBM, PPM, Team Foundation Server) and techniques to develop project plans for software development projects.
- Knowledge of industry standard PMO methodologies.
- Customer- and relationship-focused, process-driven, metric-focused, results-oriented, organized, and self-directed.
- Ability to pass a federal agency check
- US citizenship required due to government contract
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Industry standard Agile certifications.
- ServiceNow Project Portfolio Management (PPM) certification or experience.
- Team player with the flexibility and adaptability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent oral communication skills, including experience with developing and delivering presentations.
- Solid computer skills with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, Teams, Team Foundation Server) and project management software.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Client Office (VA88)