Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
IT Business Process Engineer
ICF seeks an IT Business Process Engineer (BPE) to join our team supporting a federal Agency in the public health arena. You will need to be thorough and highly detail-oriented, with a strong information technology background, and with solid expertise and skills with Microsoft Office Tools. This position requires a consistent record of high quality delivery and a deep understanding of what it takes to document, develop, redesign, and implement complex transformational business processes. Demonstrated dedication to customer delivery excellence, and a track record of working with clients in a professional manner and in a dynamic team environment are a must. This position will be based on-site with our federal client in Atlanta, GA.
What you'll be doing:
In this role, you will design, re-design, and document organizational business processes, including the following sample tasks:
- Analyze business and user needs; document the "as-is" process and "to-be" requirements and translate them into user stories leading to the creation of redesigned business processes.
- Devise or modify processes to solve complex IT business and operational problems considering organizational design, capacity, limitations, and desired organizational and business outcomes.
- Validate procedures and processes with a view toward enhancement or improvement; analyze information and situations; and implement actions through the engagement management team to ensure objectives are met.
- Understand customer, industry, and business trends and apply this understanding to meeting business process design and redesign objectives.
- Develop presentations and other written deliverables to communicate key business process recommendations to clients.
- Coordinate business process communications activities, including development of written and other types of communications, edit stakeholder materials and develop innovative communication methods.
- Provide consultative support to clients by delivering strategic and operational business process recommendations based on the integration of research, consulting approaches and firsthand experience.
- Maintain and strengthen the team's reputation for quality, high performance customer delivery by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, while actively exploring opportunities to add value to work products and deliverables.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, information technology, or a related discipline from an accredited college or university;
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience:
- As a business process or management consultant.
- Developing artifacts to support large-scale business process and organizational transformation goals, activities, and processes.
- Managing multiple, complex tasks simultaneously.
- Making timely, effective decisions and having a positive track record of driving change through business re-engineering projects.
- Communicating (written/verbal) findings in a logical manner with supporting information.
- Ability to work effectively with clients using strong customer relationship skills, innovative thinking, and integration with leadership and support structures.
- Knowledge and experience with the full IT lifecycle and impact on IT business process to include Agile framework.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively manage Work Product and Deliverable lifecycles to ensure timely delivery of quality products.
- Ability to work independently subject to supervisory direction and review, and to be energetic, organized, and detailed.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Visio, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher) and experience with Microsoft’s cloud version of the Office suite, Office 365 (O365).
What we’d prefer:
- Six Sigma or other process re-engineering certification (e.g., Lean).
- Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM®) certification.
- Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP) certification.
- Experience with software solutions such as JIRA, ServiceNow, Microsoft’s Azure DevOps (ADO), and Tableau.
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) certification.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Georgia Client Office (GA88)