Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
IT Business Analyst
IT Business Analyst
New York City - Hybrid | Remote
ICF is seeking an IT Business Analyst to work within a dynamic and highly innovative team environment in our Utility Program and Services Group. The IT Business Analyst will support tasks within the software development cycle and be responsible for system data together with the business intelligence it provides. This position supports project delivery on IT projects for the energy efficiency and utility sectors and will contribute to a team that brings high-quality products and innovative solutions to our clients.
Why you will love working here:
- Quality of life: Flexible workplace arrangements, work-life balance
- Investment of the community: Donation matching, volunteer opportunities
- Investment in you: Tuition reimbursement, access to professional development resources, 401k matching, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
What you will be doing:
- Support all aspects of the software development cycle including requirements, design, testing, and delivery of energy efficiency tracking and reporting tools
- Communicate regularly and effectively with team members as to the status of various tasks, including presenting during status update meetings
- Work with stakeholders of IT systems to define the system requirements and assist in identifying the best design approach
- Develop an understanding of the client processes and procedures and help identify improvements relative to technology
- Understand the capabilities and application of ICF’s IT systems and support a team of senior technologists to deliver solutions for clients
- Train users on IT systems and assist in troubleshooting issues
What we need you to have (minimum qualifications):
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- 2+ years of experience in a professional environment
- Experience developing standard documentation, including requirement and design specifications, use cases, test plans and scripts and other supporting system documentation
What we would like you to have:
- Experience/Exposure in the utility, energy, and/or energy efficiency sector
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in JIRA, and MS Office products, in particular, Excel
- Ability to work collaboratively and cohesively in a team environment
- Strong customer service focus, project planning, and organizational skills
- Effective time management skills and the ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects to meet goals, deliverables, and deadlines
- Proven ability to gather and document comprehensive requirements
- Experience with testing software, tracking issues and working with developers
- Demonstrated consulting experience
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
New York, NY (NY18)