Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
International Survey Sampling Statistician
International Survey Sampling Statistician
ICF seeks a sampling statistician to support international household-based surveys funded by USAID’s The Demographic and Health Survey (DHS) Program. The DHS Program collects, analyses, and disseminates high quality data on population, health, HIV, malaria, nutrition and other topics through household-base surveys and health facility surveys in low and middle income countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. Our data are widely used by international institutions and national governments across the world. The sampling statistician will develop survey designs and sampling strategies for household-based surveys and health facility surveys working with host-country partners and will also participate in capacity strengthening activities for national statistical organizations and other data collection partners through training and mentoring. This is a full-time hybrid position based in Rockville, Maryland.
- Developing survey design and sampling strategies for household-based surveys and health facility surveys in low and middle income countries
- Calculating sampling weights for survey data and calculating sampling errors
- Preparing description documents for sampling methodologies and procedures used for project surveys
- Providing statistical advice to project and ICF staff as needed and conducting and supporting research as needed
- Providing technical assistance and training in sampling frame construction, sample design, sample size determination, stratification, sample selection and weighting
- Contributing to curriculum development and online teaching for in-country capacity strengthening and online training courses
- Exploring and implementing innovative sampling methods to accommodate new survey methodologies
- Masters or PhD degree in statistics
- 3+ years experience designing samples for surveys in international settings, including designing samples for household and/or facility surveys, calculating weights for survey data, and calculating sampling errors
- Familiarity with a wide range of advanced statistical techniques and major statistical software (SAS, SPSS, STATA)
- Experience in developing sampling capacity of counterparts in host counties
- English written and oral fluency
- Ability to travel internationally up to 25%
- Fluency in French, Spanish or Portuguese preferred
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Rockville, MD (MD18)