Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
International Survey Manager
Public Service Group
International Health and Development
International Survey Manager
ICF seeks an international survey manager to support international population-based survey (PBS) and evaluation activities funded by clients such as USAID’s Bureau for Resilience and Food Security and Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA). The ICF’s portfolio of food security and resilience activities take place in Global Food Security Strategy (GFSS) target countries, resilience focus countries, and BHA Development Food Security Activity countries. The survey manager coordinates all aspects of survey implementation, including protocol design, data collection, analysis, and report writing. The survey manager will also participate in capacity strengthening activities for local implementers through training and mentorship. This is a full-time position based in Rockville, Maryland.
- Designing and adapting questionnaires, drafting survey protocols, and obtaining IRB-approval
- Developing, negotiating and/or managing survey budgets with host country implementing organizations
- Preparing or adapting training materials and working with implementing agencies to train local field staff in questionnaire content and interviewing techniques
- Reviewing computer-assisted personal interviewing (CAPI) data entry systems
- Monitoring of data collection and data quality, and working with data collection agency to ensure proper fieldwork procedures are followed
- Writing and reviewing survey reports, including descriptions of survey activities and interpretation of survey results
- Communicating throughout all stages of the survey process with other staff, implementing agencies, clients, and other key stakeholders in a clear and timely manner
- Managing survey teams that include staff members and local data collection firms to ensure the highest quality of work
- Developing and implementing work plans, agreements, and subcontracts
- Master’s degree in demography, public health, survey methods, nutrition, epidemiology, or agricultural economics
- At least 5 years of experience in survey design, managing, leading and coordinating population-based household surveys in developing countries
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
- Familiarity with applied statistical packages, preferably STATA, SPSS and/or SAS
- Experience negotiating survey budgets and content with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Fluency in written and oral English
- Experience presenting work before diverse audiences
- Experience writing reports for clients
- Ability to travel internationally up to 25-30% of time
- Knowledge of and experience in survey design for complex surveys and complex survey data analysis
- Project management experience on international programs
- Experience working in low- and middle-income countries.
- Experience training in anthropometry measurements and using computer assisted personal interviewing (CAPI)
- Knowledge of food security, gender, poverty reduction, nutrition, agriculture development, natural resources management, resilience, HIV, and vulnerable populations.
- Proficiency in one or more of the following languages: French, Portuguese, or Spanish
- Strong organizational and program management skills, including the ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously and set strategic priorities
- Ability to work both independently and in teams
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Rockville, MD (MD18)