Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
International Labor Junior Analyst
ICF is hiring junior analysts to support work with the U.S. Department of Labor (USDOL) Office of Child Labor, Forced Labor and Human Trafficking (OCFT). The positions will be full time on-site at ICF Rockville, Maryland Office or remote.
- Research, Analysis, and Written Communication: Effectively applies knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods to conduct systematic and objective inquiry and analysis. Writes in a clear, concise, organized, and convincing manner for the intended audience.
- Desk Research: Performs data collection from exiting survey data, library research, and computer research.
- Policy Development: Formulates effective strategies to engage with assigned countries or relevant stakeholders based on DOL and US priorities and interests and examines policy issues with a long-term perspective. Determines objectives and sets priorities; anticipates potential threats or opportunities.
- Interagency Coordination: Effectively coordinates between elements of DOL, US Government agencies, nongovernmental organizations, and regional and international organizations for the purpose of accomplishing an objective.
- Monitoring and Evaluation: Facilitates the development of project monitoring and evaluation plans to track progress towards achieving intended results and oversees performance evaluations and project-level audits/attestation engagements.
- Project Management: Effectively oversees projects that make a difference in the lives of children and families.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher with academic or work experience in international affairs, public policy, economics, international development, political science, communications, planning, statistics, technology and policy, or related discipline
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience
- Ability to follow detailed instructions and produce accurate results, sometimes on a quick turnaround basis.
- Ability to conduct work in a professional and courteous manner.
- Proficiency in English
- Proficiency in Word and Excel and in using Adobe pdfs.
- Ability to obtain low-level security clearance. U.S. citizenship is NOT required, must "meet all Background Investigation requirements in accordance to FIPS 201-2 para 2 (Common Identification, Security, and Privacy Requirements) section 2.1 and 2 (p. 5 and 6)."
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively as part of a team and also be self-motivated.
- Experience working on research related to forced labor, child labor and human trafficking
- Proficiency in Spanish, French, or Portuguese
Contact: Please send CV to Suteera Nagavajara, Research Director, ICF, International Health and Development Team, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final salary for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The salary range for Colorado is -
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)