Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
International Food Security Survey Research Specialist
ICF is growing, and we are currently hiring an International Food Security Survey Research Specialist to support our population-based survey work. This is a full-time—preferably hybrid—position based in Rockville, Maryland. Remote candidates will be considered.
ICF manages the USAID-funded Surveys for Monitoring in Resilience and Food Security (SMRFS) project as part of Feed the Future, the U.S. Government’s flagship initiative to reduce global hunger and improve food security. The SMRFS Team collaborates with local survey implementing organizations to implement population-based surveys in targeted geographical areas where the U.S. Government and its partners invest in agriculture, resilience, and nutrition. The SMRFS Team also works with USAID to update and expand Feed the Future’s publicly available population-based survey guidance materials (https://agrilinks.org/post/feed-future-zoi-survey-methods), conduct additional analyses, and investigate ways to reduce burden and collect data using alternative methods.
As an International Food Security Survey Research Specialist on the SMRFS Team, you will support the team to implement population-based surveys and update and expand survey guidance materials. You will contribute to the development and documentation of standardized procedures and tools based on best practices and lessons learned. You will also contribute to the collection of high-quality data that our client will use to monitor progress in meeting its objectives and for program planning.
- Support the development and customization of survey and research guidance documents, protocols, data collection tools, ethics board review applications, and training materials
- Assist in coordinating survey and research activities in different countries
- Assist in monitoring fieldwork activities, task schedules, and budgets
- Assist in training local partners
- Conduct literature reviews and synthesize findings
- Assist in preparing reports and other dissemination materials for diverse stakeholders
- Contribute to capacity strengthening exercises with in-country counterparts
- Test tablet-based data collection applications to identify issues
- Take meeting minutes during internal meetings and meetings with clients and subcontractors
- Provide support to other project teams including project management, knowledge management, project learning, etc.
- Advanced professional proficiency in verbal and written English
- Ability to travel internationally (approximately 25% time)
- Bachelor’s degree in survey methodologies, public health, international studies, social science, food security, agriculture, or nutrition
- 2+ years of experience with data collection, data analysis or research activities in developing countries
- Master’s degree in survey methodologies, public health, international studies, social science, food security, agriculture, or nutrition
- Graduate-level courses in research methodologies
- Experience using Stata or R to analyze data
- Experience working on population-based surveys
- Experience working on projects with an agriculture, climate, or resilience focus
- Experience working on USAID projects
- Experience working in low- and middle-income countries
- Ability to work effectively in cross-cultural environments
- Ability to work across different projects and manage time effectively
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Proven analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Data visualization skills
- General professional proficiency in verbal and written French, Portuguese, or Spanish
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
$62,802.00 - $106,763.00
Rockville, MD (MD18)