Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
International Development Research Specialist
ICF seeks a research specialist to support international population-based survey and evaluation activities funded by USAID and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Most of these surveys and evaluations deal with food security and health issues around the globe. This is a full-time position based in Rockville, Maryland.
- Support the development of scope of work, research protocols including methodologies, ethics board review applications, and data collection tools
- Coordinate implementation of survey and research activities in different countries including recruiting and training local partners and monitoring field activities, task schedules, and budgets
- Conduct literature reviews
- Participate in data collection
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative data
- Prepare reports and synthesize findings for diverse stakeholders
- Present research findings through conferences and webinars
- Contribute to technical assistance and capacity strengthening exercises with in-country counterparts
- Support business development activities, including proposal writing
- Provide project management support
- Master’s degree in public health, international studies, social science, food security, or nutrition
- Courses in research methodologies and statistical analysis
- Experience conducting data analyses with STATA or R
- Strong formatting skills for creating tables and Excel questionnaires
- Excellent English verbal and written communication
- Ability to travel internationally (approximately 25% time)
- Experience working on USAID projects
- Experience working in low- and middle-income countries
- Data visualization skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
- Ability to work effectively in cross-cultural situations
- Ability to work across different projects and manage time effectively
- Ability to work independently
- General professional proficiency in French, Portuguese, or Spanish verbal and written communication
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Rockville, MD (MD18)