Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
International Data Management Specialist
ICF seeks a Data Management Specialist with international experience to work in our Rockville, Maryland office (when it is safe to reopen) to support International Health and Development projects, including the population-based household surveys and evaluation activities for USAID’s Bureau for Resilience and Food Security and Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance and CDC’s Population-based HIV Impact Assessment Surveys. You will work on a variety of projects, including food security and HIV surveys, and have an excellent opportunity for growth alongside recognized experts in the field.
- Develop and support mobile data capture (CAPI) systems for population-based surveys in developing countries using the CSPro software system, using both Windows and Android operating systems
- Work with in-country implementing partners, specifically the in-country data managers to strengthen their capacity in supporting mobile data capture systems
- Prepare training materials and partner with implementing agencies to train large groups of local field staff in mobile data collection.
- Supervise fieldwork activities and provide troubleshooting assistance
- Work with survey team members to support data analysis for survey reports, using Stata or other statistical software.
- Prepare and review data files for consistency and anonymization prior to their release to the public
- Communicate clearly throughout the entire survey process with other team members within ICF, implementing agencies, and key stakeholders in a clear and timely manner
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, public health, demography
- Strong programming skills in a language such as C#, C++, Python, Ruby, Java, R, Stata, or SAS
- Experience training large groups of adult trainees
- Strong organizational and self-management skills, including the ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously and set strategic priorities
- Ability to work both independently and in teams
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to explain thought-process
- Ability to travel internationally up to 30% (international trips are typically 2-4 weeks at a time).
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Master’s degree in computer science, mathematics, public health, demography
- Experience in using CSPro or other survey software such as Survey Solutions, Epi-Info, Open Data Kit (ODK) or similar
- Experience training local staff in low- and middle-income countries
- Ability to speak French
- Experience in data management or data editing
- Experience and interest in nutrition, public health, demographic research
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Rockville, MD (MD18)