Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
International CSPro Data Processing Analyst
ICF seeks an International CSPro Data Processing Analyst with international experience to work out of our Rockville, Maryland office to support our International Health and Development projects, including the population-based household surveys and evaluation activities for USAID’s Bureau for Resilience and Food Security and Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance and CDC’s Population-based HIV Impact Assessment Surveys. You will work on a variety of projects, including food security and HIV surveys, and have an excellent opportunity for growth alongside recognized experts in the field.
- Develop and support computer-assisted personal interview (CAPI) systems for household-based surveys in developing countries using data collection software such as CSPro
- Work with in-country implementing agencies, both governmental and private, to strengthen mobile data collection and handling capacities
- Prepare training materials and partner with survey implementation agencies to train large groups of local field staff in mobile data collection
- Supervise fieldwork activities and provide troubleshooting assistance
- Prepare and review data files for consistency and anonymization prior to their release to the public
- Communicate throughout the entire survey process with other team members within ICF, survey implementation agencies, and key stakeholders in a clear and timely manner
- Bridge communication between CAPI programmers and ICF team members, survey implementation agencies, and key stakeholders
- Represent data management team at ICF and respond to requests or needs in project-wide meetings within ICF, as well as with survey implementation agencies and key stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, economics, mathematics, public health, or demography
- Experience programming and implementing surveys using CSPro
- Understanding of the full life cycle of data management activities
- Experience training large groups of adult trainees
- Experience working, studying, or volunteering in a low or middle-income country
- Strong organizational and self-management skills, including the ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously and set strategic priorities
- Ability to work both independently and in teams
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to explain thought-process
- Ability to travel internationally up to 30% (international trips are typically 2-4 weeks at a time)
- Experience with data analysis packages such as SAS, Stata, SPSS and/or R
- Experiential knowledge of Epi-Info, Open Data Kit (ODK) and/or other data handling systems
- Programming experience with scripting languages such as Python, Ruby, Java, Perl, or the like
- Experience training teams in low- and middle-income countries
- Experience in data management or data editing
- Experience and interest in food security, nutrition, public health, demographic research
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Rockville, MD (MD18)