Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Intake Worker - Child Welfare, Remote
We are seeking Intake workers who will receive cases of Unaccompanied Children in ORR custody in need of unification services with sponsors. Intake workers will be responsible for understanding and applying established policies and procedures for receiving, documenting, and confirming accuracy of case information and moving cases forward to the appropriate teams.
- Set up case file in Sponsor Hub
- Complete sponsor services intake screens
- Determine caseload status of unification specialists
- Assign cases to unification specialists
- Confirm accuracy of sponsor information; ensure that all demographic and contact information is entered into Sponsor Hub
- Search Unaccompanied Children Portal for information that raised red flags regarding past sponsor relationships
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 plus years of experience in direct services provision with children and/or families
- Strong skills in understanding complex family relationships and dynamics and demonstrated ability to review case files and assess/document information from a variety of sources
- Solid understanding of family and youth development, trauma-informed care principles, and strengths-based work with families
- Proficiency in the MS Office suite; ability to learn and use IT systems developed specifically for use with this project in a timely manner
- This position is primarily remote with some office work. The candidate must have an appropriate workspace to complete confidential documentation, client phone calls, and video conferencing
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check /no child abuse and neglect (CAN) report or child protective services check
- Knowledge of migrant/refugee issues, particularly related to UC and sponsor families and the processes/documentation required for the assessment of sponsors and discharge of UC from ORR custody
- English/Spanish bilingual a plus
- Experience working in a professional consulting environment with federal clients
- Excellent team player with the proven ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team
- High degree of comfort in a fast-paced, outcomes-oriented environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to interact professionally and effectively with internal staff and clients and external service providers and stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; demonstrated outstanding level of professionalism including the ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, and diplomacy
- Ability to work independently, managing multiple tasks with short timelines and high priority, while communicating status to a variety of stakeholders as well as project management
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Comfortable working remotely, working with an interdisciplinary team communicating and collaboratively primarily online
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Mississippi Remote Office (MS99)