Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Infectious Disease Detection and Surveillance Finance and Operations Manager- Kinshasa, DRC
Infectious Disease Detection and Surveillance (IDDS) is a six-year USAID-funded project with the following overall objectives: (1) Improve the detection of diseases of public health importance and identification of antimicrobial resistance (AMR) in priority infectious diseases through an accessible, accurate, adaptable, timely, and integrated diagnostic network system; (2)Improve the quality of real-time surveillance systems for pathogens of greatest public health concern, including AMR and zoonotic diseases, and; (3) Generate evidence-based guidance and innovative solutions to strengthen in-country diagnostic networks and surveillance systems.
ICF is seeking a Finance and Operations Manager who will work closely with the Global Health Security and TB team leads, field and home office staff, including the IDDS Finance and Operations Director based in the U.S., and subcontractors, consultants, and vendors as needed to ensure proper financial management and smooth operations for IDDS programs in DRC. This position operates under the management and oversight of the IDDS Democratic Republic of the Congo GHSA Team Lead for day-to-day management.
- Works closely with the Team Leads (GHSA and TB) and office staff to be responsible for all aspects of program administration and operations
- Ensures compliance with USAID regulations and project Finance and operations manual
- Maintains proper documentation for all office and project expenditures
- Reviews financial information shared by the payroll company in collaboration with the Team Leads.
- Prepares budget forecasts and anticipate request of funds from Headquarters.
- Coordinates monthly requests of funds, based on budget and cash flow projections, to ensure the program has all the necessary funds for the operations
- Prepares monthly internal financial reports, funds reconciliation and share financial documentation with the Team Leads for review and approval Liaise with vendors and other service providers and ensure invoices are verified and submitted on a timely basis
- Reviews purchase orders and consult with Team Leads for approval, prior to issuance of the purchase orders within agreed upon thresholds.
- Maintains administrative and personnel files
- Arranges travel of staff and consultants.
- Review’s Vehicle mileage logs
- Additional duties include the following: distributing payments, organizing workshops, maintaining asset lists, reviewing vehicle mileage log, locating and assigning office space, managing operational vendors (e.g. transportation, cleaning, utilities), and ensuring safety.
- Supervise the Finance and Operations Assistant and Driver.
- Authorization to work in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, administration and or relevant field
- 5+ years of experience in finance and operations management
- 2+ years’ experience working with international donor programs
- Impeccable business ethics, including the protection of confidential information
- Familiarity with US government (USG) Rules and Regulations, and experience in a similar position on a USG-funded project preferred (including AIDAR, CFR 226, CFR 228, ADS).
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Accuracy and attention to detail in the performance of duties is of critical importance.
- Excellent organizational skills, including task and time management
- Experience completing a variety of tasks by establishing priorities and working in a fast-paced office environment, under pressure and against numerous deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
DR Congo, CB (CB85)