Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
IBM Software Systems Engineer (Glen Burnie, MD)
ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving the lives of others and making the world a better place. Our core values include Embracing Difference; we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces, and hires dimensions of difference. Diversity & Inclusion is simply who we are and what we do.
We are actively recruiting for full-time IBM Software Systems Engineers to provide on-site support in Glen Burnie, MD.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Installation and maintenance of mainframe software for a primary area (CICS and related software) and provide backup for other team members.
- Provide support for backup and disaster recovery operations as needed.
- Provide Operations (on-call) and Programmer support as needed.
- Capture and share best practice knowledge with the internal technical teams.
- Diagnosing performance problems in DB2 and CICS and tuning those subsystems.
- Installing, testing, and maintaining the mainframe supporting CICS/ and MQ.
- Provide backup support for other personnel supporting DB2 and zOS.
- Keep systems operating efficiently by performing any necessary upgrades and repairs.
- Optimizing and evaluating the system regularly.
Technologies you will use:
- IBM Systems Engineering Expertise and CICS experience.
- IBM products include various DB2 support products: NETVIEW, OMEGAMON, File Manager, Fault Analyzer, NPF, HSM, SMS, TCPIP.
- Vendor products include CA-ACF2, CA-CA1, CA-JOBTRAC, CA-ENDEVOR, CA-SPOOL, CA-CCS, CA-DATACOM, CA-EZTRIEVE, CA-CHORUS, CA-Tape Encryption, ASG Document Direct, ASG JCLPREP, STK SILO software, SYNCSORT, and ZEN software.
- Eight (8) years of IBM MVS systems programming experience with the most recent experience within the last two years.
- Four (4) year / bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or other related scientific or technical discipline
- Experience with planning, installation, configuration, customization, and maintenance of the IBM z/OS operating system, including problem determination and analysis using IBM and vendor tools.
- Experience using Hardware Configuration Definitions with the IBM zSeries system and OEM peripheral hardware. Experience with the listed vendor products (see above).
- Strong experience with SMP/E and custom software installation.
- Experience working with tapes, tape security, DASD, e-Trust ACF2 Security and/or the RACF equivalents and backup and disaster recovery.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- The ability to communicate effectively with various clients with the ability to explain and elaborate on technical details.
Working at ICF
ICF is a global advisory and technology services provider, but we’re not your typical consultants. We combine unmatched expertise with cutting-edge technology to help clients solve their most complex challenges, navigate change, and shape the future. We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are committed to creating a culture where we embrace our differences in ideas and identities. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. Learn more about what we dohttps://www.icf.com/ and our commitment to inclusionhttps://www.icf.com/company/about/diversity-inclusion.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
$93,668.00 - $159,236.00
Maryland Client Office (MD88)