Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Hybrid Remote Technical Writer-Low Level Clearance
ICF has been awarded work to support the research and development of new cyber analytics capabilities that will help the US protect and defend its networks and critical information systems. We seek a Cleared Technical Writer to support a large federal cyber security analytic program.
Your work will contribute to the knowledge of how cyber-attacks work, how vulnerabilities are exploited, and the way hostile cyber actors operate. Use your skills to communicate to our customer and the wider community regarding emerging capabilities and concepts. As the Technical Writer you will work with our customer, subject matter experts, developers, and researchers to describe the evolution, automation, and enhancement of cyber security capabilities in defense of federal agencies.
This role is fully remote during COVID and subsequently will remain largely remote with possible occasional travel to one of five locations: must be commutable to Arlington, VA, Pensacola, FL or at one of ICF’s locations in the DC metro area: Columbia, MD, Fairfax, VA, Rockville, MD. This is an opportunity to contribute to an important project and work with the latest and emerging technologies, and all while building a great career at ICF!
What you’ll be doing:
- Explaining highly technical data and information in simplistic language for end users of complex IT systems and projects
- Editing and maintaining standard operating procedures (SOPs) for analytic-related activities
- Editing and editing white papers explaining analytic topics and how different analytics may work together
- Developing style guidelines, templates, and checklists for technical writing in alignment with Agency guidance
- Creating slide decks out of white papers and editing technical content in PowerPoint
- Collecting and receiving data and analysis to narrate
What You Must Have:
- US Citizenship required as part of client contract requirement
- Low-level security clearance required as part of client contract requirement
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations, marketing, or a related field
- 3+ years explaining highly technical data and information
- Knowledge/experience with a variety of Word documents, PowerPoint slides, and graphics
- Knowledge/experience with collaborative tools (SharePoint, Teams, Jira, Confluence, Wikis, etc.)
- Experience gathering and converting data into a written narrative
What We’d Like You To Have:
- Familiarity with cybersecurity communications language and subject matter
- Background in information technology or cybersecurity
Why you’ll love working here:
- Generous vacation and retirement plans
- Comprehensive health benefit
- Flexible work location
- Diverse workforce that values equality and inclusion
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Friendly community with lots of social events
- Participation in charity initiatives
- Employee support program
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
DC Remote Office (DC99)