Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Hybrid Remote SETA-Technology Generalist
ICF is seeking a Technology Generalist to support a new science and engineering analytical program. Your work will contribute to enabling the U.S. to uphold its leadership in computing, communications, and information science and engineering. You will promote understanding of the principles and uses of advanced computing, communications, and information systems in service to society and support advanced cyberinfrastructure that enables and accelerates discovery and innovation across all science and engineering disciplines. This role is based in Arlington, VA. This is an opportunity to contribute to an important project from its beginning, work with the latest and emerging technologies, and all while building a great career at ICF!
What you will be doing:
- Assisting program officers in reviewer identification and recruitment, scientific support on merit review panels, post‐award management, program portfolio analysis, and community outreach
- Assist in Program Planning
- Assist in Review Management
- Assist in Program Management
- Assist in Award Management
- Assist in Post-Award Oversight
- Working in collaboration with or in a similar capacity to National Science Foundation (NSF) innovation programs such American Seed Fund SBIR/STTR, I-Corps, PFI and the Convergence Accelerator.
What You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM or Technology related field.
- 5 or more years of experience in a technical background to understand the primary areas of the supported research, as a Project Manager or coordinator
- 5 or more years of experience in managing research projects such as on a large research team, or experience providing this kind of support to government funding agencies as a Science and Engineering Technical Assistance (SETA) contractor
- 5 or more years of experience in project management, with demonstrated success in managing complex projects and budgets
- 3 or more years of experience working with and assisting in solicitation development, providing programmatic support of funded workshops and Principal Investigator (PI) meetings, including panel organization and logistics
- 3 or more years of experience with various communication tools such as Zoom, OneDrive, Teams, Box, Slack, SharePoint
What We’d Like You To Have:
- Highly valued: experience with late-stage research, entrepreneurship, go-to-market.
- Experience with large-scale, federally funded research (e.g., NSF Centers/Institutes, DARPA programs)
- Proficient in Excel/VBA scripting,
- Knowledge of Python or R programming preferred
- Master’s or Ph.D in NSF‐supported fields
- Adaptable to related research and technology sectors in supported multidisciplinary research.
- Effective and collaborative communicator. Adept at soft skills such as facilitation and building rapport. Strong written communication.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools: Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and OneNote
Why you’ll love working here:
- Generous vacation and retirement plans
- Comprehensive health benefit
- Flexible work location
- Diverse workforce that values equality and inclusion
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Friendly community with lots of social events
- Participation in charity initiatives
- Employee support program
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is
$110,574.00 - $187,976.00
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)