Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
HVAC Technical Specialist/Account Manager
HVAC Account Manager/Technical Specialist
Energy Efficiency Programs
ICF is seeking an HVAC Account Manager to join our Energy Efficiency Program team, located in Maryland. In this role, you will support utility-sponsored energy efficiency programs focused on both residential and commercial markets. The selected candidate will be responsible for coordinating with local HVAC trade allies on activities such as outreach, training, application review, QA/QC inspections, and customer escalations. In addition, the candidate will be responsible for engaging professional organizations, distributors, manufacturers, and contractors to grow program participation across the state.
- Recruiting and engaging program participants (contractors, distributors, and manufacturers), developing and implementing sales strategies, preparing and delivering persuasive presentations, relationship building activities.
- Provide guidance on energy efficient products and strategies (tune-ups, equipment replacement, whole-home retrofit, etc.) and practices to companies participating in utility-sponsored programs.
- Provide technical assistance on program intake, scheduling and reporting systems to companies participating in utility-sponsored programs.
- Conduct surveys and inspections of energy efficiency projects to verify equipment installation and operation.
- Regularly review program QC findings. Based on the findings, leverage best practices and continuous improvement to implement long term solutions in partnership with the client and ICF Program Managers.
- Interacting in a sales environment with professional organizations, distributors, manufacturers and contractors, homeowners, utility representatives and other key stakeholders.
- Works as part of a cross functional team including operations, IT, Marketing, and Customer Service/Processing. Regularly meets with Customer Service/Processing lead to ensure best practices and continuous improvement initiatives are aligned on and implemented effectively for the client.
- Associate degree in Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, & Refrigeration (HVAC) Studies or equivalent. Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 3+ years of experience with one or more of the following: residential or commercial HVAC systems and controls
- Strong working knowledge of the existing network of equipment manufacturers, distributors, contractors, and construction market players.
- Experience with MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, Access)
- Must have valid driver’s license and successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check.
- Demonstrated experience working on successful utility-sponsored HVAC energy efficiency programs, with specific expertise in HVAC programs.
- Certification or membership with NATE, ACCA Educational Program for Instructional Certification (EPIC), or Building Performance Institute (BPI)
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Columbia, MD (MD12)