Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
HVAC Technical Specialist - California
To support our growth, ICF is currently seeking a full-time HVAC Technical Specialist to join our Disaster Management team, in California.
In this role, the HVAC Technical Specialist will work for utility sponsored energy efficiency projects focused on Residential and Commercial markets. The selected candidate will lead activities including but not limited to onsite technical guidance, provide technical support and assistance to contractors and customers, and deliver technical presentations to HVAC Contractors.
The Technical Specialist will also act as the technical backstop for the ICF team they support and assist with internal and external trainings, technical reviews and assist with the development of technical protocols. In addition, the candidate will oversee and at times assist with inspections for participating customers and/or contractors and oversee the on-going development of QA/QC plans and procedures.
• Ability to effectively communicate to both technical trade allies and non-technical audiences.
• Provide technical assistance and guidance externally and internally to foster an increase in the installation of heat pumps and other relevant technologies.
• Develop a strong network of contractors, trade ally partners and other stakeholder groups.
• Ability to effectively promote programs, technologies, and technical best practices, and be seen as an industry leader in the Massachusetts HVAC market.
• Maintain strong ongoing communications with participating contractors and consultants to assess their needs and to receive feedback on their experience with the program.
• Contribute to the evolution of program strategies and the design of program features, services, and marketing campaigns.
• Develop and lead training and technical support initiatives.
• Assist with the preparation of status reports to accurately describe activities in the field and to monitor progress towards program goals on contractor/consultant participation and the completion of eligible projects.
• Conduct internal and external webinars, tutorials, and conference calls on relevant business processes and standards.
• Manage the process of regularly reviewing and updating critical technical program documentation. Documentation to include field verification guides and forms, processing. manuals, and policy and procedure manuals. Regularly incorporate industry trends and insights into procedure manuals to ensure program materials are most relevant.
• 5+ years of energy efficiency or equivalent HVAC trade experience
• 3+ years of experience with MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, Access)
• Must have valid driver’s license and successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check
• Bachelor’s degree preferred (Building Science, Construction Management, Energy, Engineering) or related trade experience, but not required
• Preference may be given to candidates with one or more of the following certifications: North American Technician Excellence (NATE), ACCA Educational Program for Instructional Certification (EPIC)
• Experience with Air Source and Geothermal Heat Pump installations
• EPA Section 608 Technician Certification
• Building and maintaining relationships with key market actors in the residential construction industry including architects, engineers, contractors, real estate agents, home energy rating specialists, developers, and public officials
• Energy efficiency program market in Massachusetts
• Knowledge of applicable Massachusetts construction building codes and practices
• Knowledge of integrated or whole building science principles
• Knowledge of energy-efficient applications and renewable technologies
• Knowledge of sustainable building practices and technologies
• Public speaking experience
• Business-to-business sales or recruitment experience
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are committed to creating a culture where we embrace our differences in ideas and identities. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. Learn more about what we dohttps://www.icf.com/ and our commitment to inclusionhttps://www.icf.com/company/about/diversity-inclusion.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
$53,200.00 - $90,440.00
California Remote Office (CA99)