Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
HUD CDBG-DR/MIT Program Implementation Specialist
Join the ICF team and make a difference! Our growing Disaster Management Division makes BIG things happen every day. We work with government agencies and communities to design and implement equitable policies and programs to promote increased resilience to disasters and long-term housing, economic, and infrastructure recovery after disaster strikes. Our expertise is in program management and operations, planning and preparedness, technical assistance and training, strategic communications and outreach, compliance and monitoring, and performance measurement and evaluation.
ICF is seeking multiple HUD CDBG-DR/MIT Program Implementation Specialists to help Oregon manage federal programs to recover from and mitigate against future disaster impacts. We are hiring individuals at varying levels of experience to implement all aspects of CDBG-DR/MIT grant programs. Potential roles could include Project Managers and Deputy Project Managers, as well as experts in Financial Management, Data Analytics and Reporting, Compliance and Monitoring, and HUD and cross-cutting federal requirements.
- Manage priorities, project needs, and competing deadlines, and rapidly adapt to changing production requirements and schedules
- Provide guidance on federal regulations (e.g., cross-cutting federal requirements, duplication of benefits) and translate them into program implementation
- Write policies and procedures and create trainings, job aids, and other resources to help grantee staff comply with federal requirements
- Ensure all program and project files are fully and accurately documented in a system of record
- Support subrecipient management and oversight functions
- Perform review of invoices and draw requests for eligibility, per program policies and procedures
- Plan and carry out best practice public outreach and engagement efforts
- Oversee daily operations of staff as assigned by senior management
Qualifications could include a bachelor’s or advanced degree in Planning, Public Policy, Business Administration, Finance, Government, or a related field. We are hiring individuals with varying years of experience in operations, management, and HUD CDBG-DR/MIT-funded program implementation. We value superior interpersonal and communication skills, as well as an ability to flexibly handle multiple priorities and take on new tasks with limited direction.
- Direct experience on a HUD CDBG-DR/MIT-funded project or program
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities
- Experience building equity into program design, outreach, and implementation
This job is a Section 3 eligible job opportunity. We encourage applications from individuals that are low income and/or living in Public Housing.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Oregon Remote Office (OR99)