Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Home Energy Specialist
Home Energy Specialist Based out of Tempe, AZ
Ready to make a difference? To support our recent growth in Arizona, we are building a team of Home Energy Assessors to assist in the implementation of utility sponsored energy efficiency programs. Assessors will conduct a comprehensive residential home energy assessment in accordance with utility program standards. You will educate homeowners about how to make their homes more energy efficient, comfortable and assist them in taking the next steps to upgrade their home. Job responsibilities include: field visits to conduct site walk-throughs, collecting information on appliances, HVAC equipment, envelope and windows, and installing energy efficiency LED lamp’s, smart power strips, and other items in single-family and multi-family residences. The assessor will provide recommendations for next steps customers might make to continue with additional energy efficiency upgrades their home. Training and work vehicle provided!
Why you will love working here:
- Quality of life: Flexible workplace arrangements, work-life balance
- Investment of the community: Donation matching, volunteer opportunities
- Investment in you: Tuition reimbursement, access to professional development resources, 401k matching, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- And many, many more (Ask your recruiter for more details!)
What you will be doing:
- Conduct home energy assessments in residential single and multi-family homes
- Install instant savings measures such as LED’s and other energy savings devices
- Complete detailed and accurate data collection and measurements and enter the data in the program software tool. Accurately document activities in the field and assist in monitoring progress towards program goals on customer participation and the completion of eligible projects
- Interact with homeowners and tenants, answering questions regarding energy efficiency and recommend next steps
- Promote and encourage adoption of energy saving measures recommended in the home energy assessment
- Coordinate with or follow up on program Quality Assurance activities such as field inspections and customer surveys, as appropriate
- Prepare summary reports identifying opportunities found during visit
- Perform introductory tablet energy audit in a timely and efficient manner
- Investigate main drivers of energy consumption in a given home and troubleshoot comfort issues within the home
- Attend community events such home and trade shows promoting and registering homeowners for the program
What we need you to have (minimum qualifications):
- High School Diploma
- Must have valid driver’s license and successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check.
- Bilingual English/Spanish
What we would like you to have:
- Able to lift boxes no heavier than 30 pounds, climbing stairs and ladders, driving, walking, standing, installing light bulbs and equipment, above head arm movements
- Certified RESNET HERS Rater, HESP or equivalent experience
- Experience with energy audits and experience promoting energy efficiency in the residential sector
- BPI certified Building Analyst
- Experience with energy modeling software
- Understanding of building science applications or construction background
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
$32,256.00 - $54,836.00
Tempe, AZ (AZ06)