Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Home Energy Auditor
Home Energy Auditor Energy Efficiency
Southern Maryland locations to include: White Plains, Hughesville, Prince Frederick and Leonardtown
Remote MD | Field-Based
Ready to make a difference?Join our team of dedicated Home Energy Auditors conducting residential energy audits in southern Maryland! Combine your expertise in residential energy efficiency with superior customer service to deliver energy savings, comfort solutions, and other recommendations to program participants. In this role, you’ll enjoy a field-based, independent, and flexible work schedule that allows you to experience something new every day!
Why you will love working here:
- Quality of life: Flexible workplace arrangements, work-life balance
- Investment of the community: Donation matching, volunteer opportunities
- Investment in you: Tuition reimbursement, access to professional development resources, 401k matching, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- And many, many more (Ask your recruiter for more details!)
What you will be doing:
- Conduct home energy assessments in residential homes, entering attics, basements and crawl spaces
- Perform initial air leakage testing, and visual inspection of existing equipment within the home.
- Investigate main drivers of energy consumption in a given home.
- Install instant savings measures such as light emitting diodes (LEDs), showerheads and other energy savings devices
- Troubleshoot comfort issues and prepare customer report summarizing opportunities found during visit
- Complete detailed and accurate data collection and enter the data in the utility modeling software.
- Interact with homeowners and tenants, answering questions regarding energy efficiency and recommended next steps
- Promote and encourage adoption of energy saving measures recommended in the home energy assessment
- Provide or refer customers to technical, administrative and financial assistance.
- Coordinate with program Quality Assurance activities such as field inspections and customer surveys
What we need you to have (minimum qualifications):
- High School Diploma and 2+ years related work experience
- Basic mechanical skills and ability to install basic home items such as light bulbs, showerheads, and potentially thermostats with training
- Able to lift boxes no heavier than 30 pounds, climbing stairs and ladders, driving, walking, standing, above head arm movements
- Must be able to pass an MVR and background check
What we would like you to have:
- Experience promoting energy efficiency in the residential sector
- BPI certified Building Analyst or Energy Auditor
- Experience with energy modeling software
- Understanding of building science applications or construction background
- Experience with the home improvement market in Maryland (direct experience in production, administration or sales, or experience working with home improvement industry at a utility, public agency or non-governmental organization)
- Advanced knowledge of residential energy-efficient technologies
- Customer service and/or sales conversion experience
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Maryland Remote Office (MD99)