Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
HMIS Homeless Services Specialist (REMOTE ROLE)
ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving the lives of others and making the world a better place. Our core values include Embracing Difference; we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces, and hires dimensions of difference. Diversity & Inclusion, is simply who we are and what we do.
HMIS Homeless Services Specialist
ICF’s Homeless Services Team works with federal agencies, state and local government, non-profits, and other community partners to implement evidence-based best practices and to innovate and identify new solutions to ending homelessness. We are currently seeking a mission-oriented candidate that is committed to ending homelessness and who has a strong background in data and analytics to support federal clients and enhance data-informed responses to homelessness across systems and programs.
What you’ll be doing:
- Support various technical assistance projects with a diverse set of stakeholders to support local efforts to prevent and end homelessness, including communities receiving technical assistance through HUD’s Office of Special Needs Assistance Programs.
- Work could include: conducting statistical analyses, research, and evaluation; using Homeless Management Information Systems (HMIS) to develop reporting frameworks, validate data sets, and integrate data to inform resource allocation and policy or program guidance; translate business requirements into software programming specifications; support system modelling projects; and use data and analytics to identify and address disparities in housing outcomes across demographics and population types.
- Support the development and delivery of training sessions, conference presentations, workshops, and webinars on best practice strategies to end homelessness and/or HUD’s homelessness assistance grants programs.
- Contribute to the design of tools, drafting of reports, research, and development of policy guidance.
- Interface with HUD headquarters and field office staff, other Technical Assistance providers, and community members through a variety of assignments.
- Provide guidance on HUD regulations and policy via the HUD Ask-A-Question help desk.
- Assist communities in data collection, interpretation, and application of data for decision-making and addressing disparities in the local homeless response system.
- Produce high-quality written documents and communications in adherence with policies and protocols and in alignment with HUD policy, regulation, and guidance.
- Exercise independent motivation to learn new skills as part of a fast-paced team-centered approach.
Basic Qualifications you’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 4 years of professional experience working with HMIS or similar data systems
- Familiarity with HUD reports, including Annual Performance Reports, Longitudinal Systems Analysis, Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report, and System Performance Measure reports
- Familiarity with HUD’s federal partner reports, including PATH Annual Report, RHY export, and SSVF export
- Experience with data management best practices, including data quality principles, privacy and security policies and procedures, and data collection and use protocols
- Commitment to addressing racial disparities through inclusive and equitable system and program design
- Experience developing and delivering training materials, web-based presentations, and written products
- Understanding of the McKinney-Vento Act and regulations governing the Continuum of Care and Emergency Solutions Grants programs, including HMIS project components
- Demonstrated experience developing performance indicators and outcome measures
- Experience visualizing data through commonly-used dashboard and business intelligence tools
- Understanding of other federal mainstream housing and services programs
- Experience in program evaluation and policy development related to homelessness
- Understanding of training delivery and technical assistance provision across multiple modalities
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems, and recommend solutions
- Ability to multi-task with various projects and responsibilities
- Ability to work independently and prioritize project work
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently across multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
- Ability to validate and analyze data sets from relational databases
- Ability to interpret reporting and programming specifications, and translate updates to HMIS data elements into updated reporting and programming specifications
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final salary for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The salary range for Colorado is -
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)