Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
High Performance Computing (HPC) Team Lead/Systems Administrator
ICF is seeking a talented High Performance Computing (HPC) Team Lead/Systems Administrator to be part of a talented, technical, and dynamic team. Our team excels in the delivery of technical competency and capabilities for tactical network experimentation to develop and maintain our client’s simulation/emulation testbed. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in project and team management, troubleshooting, and systems integration primarily targeting HPC systems. The candidate will be responsible for recommendation, design, implementation, and maintenance of the client’s hardware, networks, simulation/emulation platform and integration onto HPC systems.
- Manage a team of highly motivated research and developers, interfacing directly with government leads to identify strategies and solutions for complex problems.
- Analyzes new and complex project related problems and creates innovative solutions and enhancements to existing hardware, software and technology for integration into HPC systems.
- Provide System Administration on UNIX/Linux, Mac, and Windows systems in a lab environment.
- Be proactive about challenges or constraints within a project and seek to manage them accordingly.
- Provide detailed specifications for proposed solutions including materials, manpower and time necessary.
- Assist other department engineers in creating practical demonstrations of proposed solutions and participate in presentation other team members and collaborators.
- Establish milestones for necessary contributions from departments and develop processes to facilitate team collaboration
- Plan and implement systems automation as required for better efficiency.
- Provide quality customer service.
Education, Experience, Citizenship and Clearance Requirements
- U.S. Citizenship and ability to maintain active DoD clearance.
- Must be DoD 8570 compliant and maintain required certifications for an IAT I appointment.
- 2 - 3 years team lead/management experience
- 6 years relevant HPC experience and a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in work experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in area such as Information Technology, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Required Qualifications / Skills:
- Experience leading a team in a complex and dynamic environment
- Experience with development and maintenance of hardware and services deployed in complex HPC cluster architectures.
- Experience with UNIX/Linux command line interface.
- Proven working experience in developing, configuring, and troubleshooting systems for UNIX /Linux, Mac,and Windows based environments.
- Strong understanding of core network technologies and concepts.
- Mature, self-motivated, adaptable and able to work well in a group environment.
- Ability to maintain professional work appearance, attire, and positive behaviors.
- Demonstrated project management, communication, and leadership skills.
- Ability to work together with teams from several departments to facilitate the orderly execution of a proposed project plan.
- Familiarity or experience with EMANE, CORE, NS3, MinitNet and other network emulation technologies.
- Familiarity or experience with Container Orchestration: Kubernetes, Docker Swarm.
- Network protocol analysis and design.
- Familiarity with the latest in Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence frameworks such as TensorFlow, Keras, Pytorch, Scikit-learn, etc.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Maryland Client Office (MD88)