Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
High Performance Computing (HPC) Network Modeling and Simulation Researcher-Hybrid Remote
ICF seeks a talented High Performance Computing (HPC) Modeling and Simulation Researcher to be part of a talented, technical, and dynamic team. Our team excels in the delivery of technical competency and capabilities in complex HPC computing environments. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in virtualization, tactical network modeling and simulation/emulation within high-speed networks using Extendable Mobile Ad Hoc Network Emulator (EMANE).
What You'll Be Doing:
- Research experimental methods to model existing tactical and future high-speed networks using EMANE.
- Utilize EMANE to provide Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning (AI/ML) capabilities as a service to support experimentation.
- Experience building, scaling, and deploying applications within customized containers (Kubernetes, Docker)
- Develop methods to incorporate physical layer effects into EMANE experiments to increase fidelity of tactical network emulations.
- Provide quality customer service to include leading meetings and administering demonstrations of current research and project status.
What You Must Have:
- U.S. Citizenship (required by federal government for position) and an active DoD Secret clearance.
- Must be DoD 8570 compliant and maintain required certifications for an IAT I appointment.
- BS degree in Engineering, Physical Science, Computer Science, Information Science, or Mathematics.
- Six (6) plus years of research or technical experience in a scientific or technical field relevant to requirements with Three (3) years of directly related technical experience in support of the required task specific project.
- Strong experience (2 plus years) with EMANE required
- Strong experience (2 plus years) with NS3 required
- 1 plus years of Experience with containerized application deployment using Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience using JIRA to create customized workflows, track project development.
What We’d Like You To Have:
- Experience with Unix/Linux
- Experience debugging, integrating, and benchmarking virtual systems
- Experience with Cyber Virtual Ad Hoc Network (CyberVAN) and Common Open Research Emulator (CORE)
- Strong understanding of core network technologies and concepts.
- Mature, self-motivated, adaptable and able to work well in a group environment.
- Ability to maintain professional work appearance, attire, and positive behaviors.
- Demonstrated project management, communication, and leadership skills.
- Ability to work together with teams from several departments to facilitate the orderly execution of a proposed project plan.
Why you’ll love working here:
- Generous vacation and retirement plans
- Comprehensive health benefit
- Flexible work location
- Diverse workforce that values equality and inclusion
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Friendly community with lots of social events
- Participation in charity initiatives
- Employee support program
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Maryland Remote Office (MD99)