Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
High Performance Computing (HPC) Data Center Manager
ICF is seeking a accomplished High Performance Computing (HPC) Data Center Manager to be part of a talented, technical, and dynamic team. Our team excels in the delivery of technical competency and capabilities in complex HPC computing environments. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in project management, troubleshooting, and systems integration primarily targeting HPC data center systems.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Analyzes new and complex project related problems and creates innovative solutions and enhancements to existing HPC hardware for integration into HPC systems.
- Participation in the engineering design process for all forms of systems that support the data center environment including cabling, power, space planning, cooling management and all other dimensions in a very large, complex environment to include developing creative approaches to reducing operational costs by improving overall data center efficiency. Be proactive about challenges or constraints within a project and seek to manage them accordingly.
- Developing complete understanding of infrastructure design and sequence of operation.
- Becoming familiar with managing operational risks.
- Developing operational procedures of varying complexity and executing them as part of a team.
- Adopting continuous improvements to minimize the environmental impact of the operation by helping the team improve site power usage effectiveness and operational efficiency.
- Provide excellent customer service.
What you must have:
- U.S. Citizenship and ability to maintain active DoD clearance.
- Must be DoD 8570 compliant and maintain required certifications for an IAT I appointment.
- Education: BS degree in Engineering, Physical Science, Computer Science, Information Science, or Mathematics.
- Six (6) years of research or technical experience in a scientific or technical field relevant to requirements. Three (3) years of directly related technical experience in support of the required task specific project.
- Experience with development, deployment, and maintenance of hardware and services deployed in complex HPC cluster architectures.
- Proven working experience in developing, configuring, and troubleshooting systems for UNIX /Linux, Mac, and Windows based environments.
- Experience with MS Excel and MS Project.
What We'd Like You To Have:
- Strong understanding of core network technologies and concepts
- Mature, self-motivated, adaptable and able to work well in a group environment.
- Demonstrated project management, communication, and leadership skills.
- Ability to maintain professional work appearance, attire, and positive behaviors.
- Ability to work together with teams from several departments to facilitate the orderly execution of a proposed project plan.
Why you’ll love working here:
- Generous vacation and retirement plans
- Comprehensive health benefit
- Flexible work location
- Diverse workforce that values equality and inclusion
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Friendly community with lots of social events
- Participation in charity initiatives
- Employee support program
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Maryland Client Office (MD88)