Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Health Data Processing Manager
Health Data Processing Manager
ICF is a rapidly growing, entrepreneurial, multi-faceted consulting company, and we are growing our health IT and health data capabilities. We are seeking a Health Data Processing Manager who will serve as the lead for all data processing activities for a large-scale, multi-million-dollar Federal health IT and health data analytics project. They will oversee activities related to processing and creating uniformly formatted state inpatient and outpatient encounter-level data files.
What you will be doing:
Managing all activities related to processing of data for the project, to include:
- Create and distribute a report on the quality of the data
- Check that the data to be processed is consistent with MOAs (Memorandum of Agreement) and the source documentation
- Validate codes
- Examine the frequency or descriptive statistics of key data elements, including valid values and coding, undocumented values, and missing, in order to detect discrepancies or changes from previous years
- Conduct quality control edits
- Create data elements
- Evaluate derived data elements and flags
- Create healthcare related data files
- Documentation and evaluation of quarterly healthcare-related data.
- Post the results of summary statistics for data files, to include basic descriptives (e.g., mean, minimum, maximum, standard deviation, and percent of cases with missing values) and frequencies, as well as results of the quality edit checks (e.g., percent of cases with different types of invalid values).
What you must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of least 7 years of direct experience in production of research data files, documentation, and use of large administrative datasets.
- Minimum of 7 years of direct experience in use of statistical software applications and high-level statistical analysis using SAS.
- Ability to obtain U.S. government public trust clearance
What we'd like you to have:
- Experience with STATA, SUDAAN, and other applications for analyzing data is strongly preferred
What you’ll love about working here:
- Generous vacation and retirement plans
- Flexible work location
- Diverse workforce that values equality and inclusion
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Participation in charity initiatives
- Employee support program
- Comprehensive health benefits
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Maryland Remote Office (MD99)