Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Health Communications Associate
ICF seeks a Health Communications Associate to support work for the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This position will support strategic communications, as well as other tasks requested by the client. This position will work within a highly matrixed, creative, fast paced environment. The ideal candidate will have the ability to respond quickly and efficiently to project tasks, often juggling priorities and tight deadlines.
Due to COVID 19, this position will be begin remote and eventually will be located in our Rockville, MD office. Work From Home Flexible.
- Work with subject matter experts to develop responses to press and other media inquiries.
- Lead social media activities including planning, content development and daily management of platforms (for example, Twitter or Facebook).
- Respond to phone, email, or social media inquiries on behalf of the client.
- Aid in the development of monthly reports with technical, social media, and other project data.
- Assist in the publication of website content through the coding of new or revised content.
- Own administrative project tasks, with oversight from team members.
- Work collaboratively with federal staff, subject matter experts, other ICF departments, and other contractor teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, communications, public relations, social sciences, or equivalent required.
- Proficient in Windows PC environment, including Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and writing skills, time management skills, and superior attention to detail.
- Ability to think creatively and provide innovative solutions to communications challenges/problems.
- Strong writing skills to support the development of social media/digital content, as well as other communications.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of complementary and integrative health-related topics and/or COVID-19 research
- 2 years of experience within agency and/or marketing & communications environments, government experience preferred.
- Experience populating and updating website using a content management system (CMS)
- Familiarity with EndNote
Job Location(s): Within the current landscape, this role will be supported remotely. This role will ultimately sit in Rockville, MD, with the possibility of a hybrid working structure.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Rockville, MD (MD18)