Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Head Start Project Manager
ICF seeks an experienced Project Manager to serve as the on-site manager and client liaison to support quality programmatic assistance to Head Start (HS) and Early Head Start (EHS) grantees as well as supporting Federal staff with high quality grants management services. This position is based at the Regional office in Seattle. WA.
- Serve as on-site supervisor for staff; oversee timesheets and expense reports, prepare performance reviews, and assist with goal setting, and provide guidance to staff on company policies.
- Conduct regular 1:1 supervision meetings with direct reports to evaluate staff performance and provide ongoing supervision and oversight, observation, coaching and professional development for all staff.
- Implement and oversee a system of ongoing supervision and coaching for all staff that supports ongoing professional development and performance improvement.
- Manage and coordinate regional customer support services to ensure high quality, responsive, and coordinated services and contract deliverables, as well as timely communication and resolution of quality concerns and issues.
- Ensure team maintains detailed and complete official electronic grant files, records pertaining to the receipt and tracking of grant applications and the grant review process, including negotiations and any post-award change requests.
- Analyzes grantee data including programmatic status reports, Program Information Report (PIR) data, monitoring data, monitor review findings, noncompliance’s or deficiencies and creates reports and presentations as requested by the client.
- Utilize the GrantSolutions and Head Start Enterprise (HSES) as needed.
- Ensure team provides pertinent information from Office of Head Start (OHS), including Information Memorandums, Program Instructions, and OHS announcements regarding initiatives, priorities, and quality expectations.
- Support the client in developing short, intermediate, and long-term planning that addresses OGM/OHS priorities and initiatives.
- Ensure the timely and accurate completion of OGM/OHS required reports.
- Participate in seminars and special training events or other activities as requested by OGM/OHS.
- Implement data analysis and reporting processes that inform and improve the quality, responsiveness, and effectiveness of services.
- Respond to concerns about staff that result from either client or customer complaints in a timely and effective manner.
- Utilize internal tools to track expenditures including trailing costs to provide the most accurate data for client and COR monthly expenditure projections; review final data points with project finance controller monthly.
- Participate in national and regional work groups and meetings as directed by OGM/OHS.
- Participate in regular calls with ICF Project Director and attend ICF required meetings.
- You may be required to carry a caseload and support grantees accordingly.
- Must have valid driver's license and successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree
- Experience working with Head Start.
- 3-5 years’ experience with: project plans, tracking deliverables and costs under scope of work, project management experience, including client relationship management, staff supervision and budget management in a contract consulting environment.
- Experience with program and data analysis.
- Experience with grant-funded programs.
- Proficient computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office.
- Strong personnel management skills and experience.
- Ability to travel required.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Head Start Performance Standards, all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules and regulations, child development, and program operations.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong stakeholder and partner relationships, including balancing multiple perspectives/needs.
- Experience using Smartsheet project management tool.
- Solid team builder and team player with proven ability to manage competing priorities, perspectives, and stakeholder needs.
- High quality control skills with superior attention to detail and the ability to meet stringent deadlines.
- Ability to be flexible, multitask, prioritize, and manage multiple activities simultaneously in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy.
- Exceptional project management skills, with a focus on technical assistance project management, including ability to assess project risk, to develop charters, to develop project plans and to monitor progress.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated, outstanding level of professionalism in providing administrative support, including ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact and diplomacy.
- Proficient with MS office applications (i.e. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Washington Client Office (WA88)