Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Head Start Lead Program Specialist - Region IV
ICF seeks an experienced Lead Program Support Specialist to serve as the on-site ICF staff supervisor while also providing ongoing, prompt and accurate programmatic assistance to Head Start (HS) and Early Head Start (EHS) grantees as well as supporting Federal staff with high quality grants management services. This position is based at Region IV Regional office in Atlanta, GA. There might be some travel up to 25% within the region (MS, AL, GA, SC, NC, FL, TN and KY).
- Serve as on-site supervisor for ICF staff; oversee timesheets and expense reports, prepare performance reviews and assist with goal setting.
- Provide guidance to ICF staff on company policies.
- Ensure ICF staff provide the highest level of customer service to grantees, prime and the federal client.
- Participate in weekly and or monthly calls with ICF manager.
- Initiate frequent and ongoing communication with assigned grantees regarding grant applications, program status and activities, and overall HS grant-funded operations.
- Ensure grantees receive pertinent information from Office of Head Start (OHS), including Information Memorandums, Program Instructions, and OHS announcements regarding initiatives, priorities, and quality expectations.
- Provide ongoing assistance to grantees by facilitating the interpretation and understanding of Federal HS Performance Standards.
- Provide consistent oversight and support to grantees to ensure full compliance with all Federal regulations.
- Maintain detailed and complete official electronic grant files, records pertaining to the receipt and tracking of grant applications and the grant review process, including negotiations and any post-award change requests.
- Participate in onsite monitoring visits, including follow ups and desk reviews as part of the monitoring review process.
- Participate in onsite yearly grantee visits as scheduled by the Regional Office.
- Review programmatic status reports, Program Information Report (PIR) data, monitoring data, monitor review findings, and work with programs to resolve any issues, noncompliance’s or deficiencies.
- Utilize the GrantSolutions and Head Start Enterprise (HSES) as needed.
- Provide ongoing support to grantees, including working in partnership with the Region TA System to ensure grantees receive the necessary support.
- Participate in seminars and special training events or other activities as requested by OHS.
- Must have valid driver's license and successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Education, Early Childhood Education, Child Development, Program Design and Management or related field.
- 5+ years of experience providing program support or management.
- Experience with program and data analysis.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Head Start Performance Standards, all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations, child development, and program operations.
- Ability to provide ongoing monitoring support to grant-funded programs.
- Proficient computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office.
- Strong personnel management skills and experience.
- Ability to travel required.
- Experience working within a Head Start Program.
- Experience using Smartsheet project management tool.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities.
- Strong team player, with the ability to collaborate and work closely with Regional Office staff and other partners.
- Ability to be flexible, multi-task, prioritize, and manage multiple activities simultaneously in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Excellent verbal, oral, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Georgia Client Office (GA88)