Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Head Start Grants Specialist- Region III
ICF seeks an experienced Grants Specialist to provide ongoing, prompt and accurate fiscal assistance to Head Start (HS) and Early Head Start (EHS) grantees and will support Federal staff with high quality grants management services. This includes preparing and tracking grants through review and funding processes, monitoring receipt and accuracy of grant documents, monitoring, evaluating and resolving grant issues, and preparing grant closeouts. The Grants Specialist will be a critical thinker with outstanding attention to details and an eye towards process improvement.
This position is based on-site at the Region III Office in Philadelphia, PA.
- Review and take action on applications so that they may be funded 30 days prior to a grantee’s refunding date. Prepare continuation Financial Assistance Awards (FAAs) with cover letters for mailing out 30 days prior to a grantee’s refunding date.
- Prepare and track grants through review and funding process. Deliverables include completed grant review checklist, timely contact with grantees to resolve issues, negotiation sheets and FAAs prepared in Grants Solutions software, briefing meetings with program staff and with management, leading to the awarding of annual continuation grant awards, program improvement grant awards, cost-of-living grant awards, and one-time funding awards to grantees.
- Monitor timeliness, receipt and accuracy of grant applications, financial reporting documents and financial draw downs.
- Correspond with grantee staff on a regular basis.
- Monitor ongoing fiscal performance of grantees, evaluation of required fiscal reports, wage comparability study; resolution of audit findings and recommendations; and resolution of community/individual complaints.
- Prepare grant closeouts. Deliverables include completed closeout checklist, assurance that reports and audits have been reviewed for completeness and correctness, a closeout letter that is sent to the grantee, and a closeout award processed in the Grants Solutions software system.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college, with a preference for a degree in Accounting, Business Management, or a related field.
- 2+ years of progressive professional experience
- 2+ years' experience related to federal discretionary grants management non-profit or for-profit financial management, and regulatory compliance monitoring and oversight.
- 1+ years' experience aggregating, analyzing, charting, graphing and reporting on and presenting data gathered from multiple sources.
- 1+ years knowledge and experience with the administration of discretionary grants is required; with a preference for Head Start/Early Head Start Programs.
- 1+ years’ experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Grant Solutions.
- Background and training in accounting and/or financial management, including audit resolution activities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities.
- Strong team player, with the ability to collaborate and work closely with Regional Office staff and other partners.
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients.
- Superior attention to detail and the ability to meet stringent deadlines.
- Ability to be flexible, multi-task, prioritize, and manage multiple activities simultaneously in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, and a cooperative attitude.
- Ability to build productive business relationships.
- Excellent time management and communication skills.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are committed to creating a culture where we embrace our differences in ideas and identities. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. Learn more about what we dohttps://www.icf.com/ and our commitment to inclusionhttps://www.icf.com/company/about/diversity-inclusion.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
$48,067.00 - $81,713.00
Pennsylvania Client Office (PA88)