Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Head Start Grantee Specialist – Region IV
ICF seeks an experienced Grantee Specialist to support the Region IV office of Head Start Training and Technical Assistance contract. The specialist will have expertise in Head Start operations, and a strong working knowledge of administration, planning and management systems to provide high quality training and technical assistance (TTA) that improves the capacity of Head Start and Early Head Start programs to meet or exceed the Head Start Performance Standards and applicable Federal regulations. The Grantee Specialist will provide onsite and virtual consultation to recipients, governing bodies, directors and program managers to correct deficiencies and non-compliances identified through the national monitoring system and provide planning and management technical assistance to support continuous quality improvement.
This position is home-based in one of the Region IV states (Georgia, Florida, Alabama, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Mississippi, Kentucky), travel will be required to fulfill the requirements of the position in any of the regional states, Washington DC and other locations as required.
The Grantee Specialist shall have:
- A minimum of a BA or BS Degree from an accredited university or college.
- If the highest degree was awarded more than ten years ago, the resume should specifically detail courses, conferences, seminars attended or relevant work experience.
- A minimum of five years’ experience related to program and/or organizational management and/or fiscal operations with HS/EHS programs and the development and implementation of comprehensive management systems.
- Experience supporting recipients to improve their effectiveness and quality of program operations and management systems.
- Experience providing technical assistance that includes working with governing bodies, management teams and program staff.
- Experience assisting organizations to address compliance issues.
- Experience communicating, both orally and in writing, to various audiences.
- Experience operating computer software systems and technology skills with virtual platforms.
- Must have valid driver's license and successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check.
The Grantee Specialist (GS) shall provide the following in-person or virtually as determined by the regional office.
- Provide on-site, individualized, group, and virtual T/TA to recipients related to governance, program management, and fiscal operations, including supporting recipients in the following areas:
- Correction of areas of noncompliance and deficiencies identified through the federal monitoring process. This may require on-site work for periods of time ranging from one day to several weeks concurrently.
- Development and implementation of a Quality Improvement Plan (QIP) that addresses root causes of the areas of noncompliance and deficiencies for recipients, as directed by the Regional office.
- Improvement of program oversight and management in areas of concern identified through the Regional Office oversight processes.
- Maintain regular and timely communication with the appropriate Regional Office staff on delivery of TTA and progress toward corrective actions or quality improvement.
- Coordinate TTA with Early Childhood, Family Engagement, Health, and System Specialists to ensure effective integration of management systems TTA that supports improvements to education, family services, and health services, as directed by the Regional Office.
- Develop and provide effective presentations and training in areas related to program management and fiscal operations.
- Support emerging OHS initiatives and priorities.
- Head Start expertise in Eligibility, Recruitment, Selection, Enrollment, and Attendance (ERSEA).
- Experience analyzing data and assisting recipients to make data-informed decisions.
- Bilingual (Spanish).
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
$56,467.00 - $95,993.00
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)