Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Head Start Early Childhood Specialist - Region VI
ICF seeks an experienced Early Childhood (EC), Specialist, to support the Region VI Office of Head Start Training and Technical Assistance contract. The Specialist will ensure high-quality Head Start and Early Head Start services in accordance with federal regulations. The Early Childhood Specialist will provide training and technical assistance (TTA) to programs to support progress toward established school readiness goals, focusing on the use of child and program data to make decisions about approaches to working with teachers, home visitors, and parents in quality practices. The Specialist will provide professional-level expertise by engaging programs in dialogue and learning best practices for children from birth to five and encourage a culture of learning that promotes school readiness.
This position is home-based in one of the Region VI states (Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico), travel will be required to fulfill the requirements of the position in any of the regional states, Washington DC and other locations as required.
- Provide on-site, group, and virtual TTA to recipients related to school readiness, family engagement, and professional development
- Provide TTA related to the selection and implementation of ongoing child assessment, curriculum, and teaching that is age, developmentally, culturally, and linguistically appropriate across the birth to five spectrum
- Assist recipients to improve teacher/child interactions as described by the Classroom Assessment Scoring System (CLASS) for center-based preschool programs and other measures suitable for programs serving children from birth to five or children in home-based and family childcare settings
- Assist recipients to develop the procedures and skills to aggregate, analyze, and use data obtained through multiple sources
- Assist recipients to implement a research-based coaching model
- Assist recipients to develop and implement family engagement practices that support family progress as described in the Parent Family and Community Engagement (PFCE) Framework, including coaching of family engagement staff and selection and implementation of a parenting curriculum
- Assist recipients to strengthen birth-to-five transition practices, including building relationships with local preschools, elementary schools, and other partners
- Assist recipients to improve their collaboration with Local Education Agencies (LEAs), state agencies, and other partners
- Coordinate TTA with Grantee, Family Engagement, Health, and System Specialists to ensure effective integration of TTA across service areas, as directed by the Regional Office
- Maintain regular and timely communication with Regional Office staff on the delivery of TTA and progress toward corrective actions or quality improvement
- Support emerging OHS initiatives and priorities
- BA or BS Degree in Early Childhood Education/Development from an accredited university or college
- If the highest degree was awarded more than ten years ago, the resume should specify courses, conferences, seminars attended, or work experience that ensures the proposed candidate remains current in the field of early childhood development
- 5+ years’ experience in programs for young children ranging from birth to five years in age. The experience should include the provision of technical assistance to teachers, home visitors, family childcare providers, coaches, and/or management team members
- Must have experience working with infants and toddlers
- Must have experience working with children with disabilities in Head Start programs
- Must have a valid driver's license and successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check.
- Knowledge of Head Start performance standards and all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations
- Experience working within a Head Start Program
- Family engagement experience
- Experience facilitating group discussions and presenting to a range of audiences
- Experience analyzing data and assisting programs to make data-driven decisions
- Experience providing training and/or technical assistance to programs in developing and/or implementing school readiness goals or plans
- Experience communicating, both orally and in writing, to various audiences
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required
- Experience using virtual platforms and technologies, i.e., Skype, Zoom, Adobe, Teams, etc.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final salary for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The salary range for Colorado is -
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)