Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Head Start Administrative Assistant
ICF seeks a Head Start Administrative Assistant to provide administrative support to the ACF Head Start Federal Office. These positions are based at the Regional office in each region. (Boston, New York City, Philadelphia, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, San Fran, Seattle, DC)
- Manage ongoing office functions, including managing calendars and schedules, making travel arrangements, arranging meetings and conference calls, taking notes and preparing agendas.
- Coordinate assignments between staff and other ACF offices.
- Willing to be flexible & support team members as needed.
- Respond to internal and external requests for information such as report status or file information.
- Develop reports, correspondence and presentations to include Excel spreadsheets, MS Word documents, and Power Point presentations.
- Report, as requested, on special initiatives containing both technical and administrative information.
- Assist with preparation of award submissions
- Assist with the coordination of meetings and training events including logistical details, registration, materials and all onsite tasks.
- Develop materials for staff presentations or in anticipation of staff needs.
- Attend and assist with Regional and State-level meetings as requested.
- Associates degree from an accredited U. S. college.
- 3 years of experience providing administrative support to management staff.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel) required.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited U. S. college.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Head Start.
- Smartsheet proficiency.
- Experience working with federal government programs, particularly in a consulting environment.
- Experience providing logistical support and general project support, such as activity tracking, task coordination, and material formatting.
- Superior attention to detail and the ability to meet stringent deadlines
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
- Ability to be flexible, multi-task, prioritize, and manage multiple activities simultaneously in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Strong team player with the ability to take initiative and work well independently
- Excellent verbal, oral, written communication skills
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, and a cooperative attitude
- Ability to build productive business relationships
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pennsylvania Client Office (PA88)