Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Head of Public Relations
Head of Public Relations
The Head of Public Relations is responsible for the development and implementation of Public Relations services. In close collaboration with strategic planning, creative conceptualization, media buying, event, content experts and project managers, she/he is responsible for providing senior leadership in Public Relations.
This includes as main activities the transcreation of creative campaign concepts into PR activities, building and maintaining media relations, setting up and activating stakeholders engagement strategies, develop influencer strategies, establish quick crisis communication reactions, and support creating effective content strategies in relation to the different target audiences.
She/he will develop these PR activities within sometimes complex institutional cross-channel campaign architectures as well as for stand-alone PR projects.
The Head of PR will oversee a team of international in-house PR colleagues as well as a network of PR agencies around the world in the implementation and evaluation of campaigns for ICF Next public and private clients.
The Head of PR will have at least 10+ years of solid work experience in-house or in integrated communication agencies, a strong network of media partners, a clear vision of market trends, strong client skills and a bold “can-do” mindset.
- Lead ICF Next Brussels PR strategies for public and private clients
- Develop and integrate public relations and stakeholder’s strategies within campaigns, events, digital projects, supporting clients achieving their objectives
- Develop and oversee the execution of PR strategies focused on proactive, positive storytelling, including national stories across the European Union and relationship building tactics with journalists, stakeholders, and influencers
- Mentor and guide the internal and external teams (including the global network of PR agencies) in the implementation of PR strategies
- Present ICF NEXT’s public relations services and capabilities to new and existing clients
- Design PR strategies and communication plans for ICF Next Brussels’ clients and new business proposals in co-operation with other relevant teams (strategic planning, creation, content and production)
- Act as a trusted advisor on matters related to PR relations on an internal and external level
- Represent ICF Next within our international PR agencies network. Take part to relevant working groups and contribute to sessions at regional meetings when relevant
- Support the growth and influence of ICF NEXT Brussels within the wider ICF group
- Cast new innovative partners within and ahead of clients’ expectations
- Establish and maintain contacts with relevant press
- Facilitate the development of new PR services, digitalization, and innovation of existing ones
- Follow industry-related news and generate ideas around trending topics
- Participate to industry-related events
Deployment of services
- Working closely with other lead experts in the setting up of taskforces to ensure the best possible service delivery and smooth collaboration between the various experts within the agency
- Develop and apply state-of-the-art solutions to complex problems within the allocated budget, ensuring that the clients’ perspective is a driving force behind PR services
- Set up and monitor team and campaign budgets
- Ensure methodologies related to PR services and their evaluation are revised and up to date
- Ensure legal requirements are followed while implementing PR activities (GDPR, IPR)
- Ensure staff are well briefed to provide day-to-day technical direction to project staff and subcontractors
- Management of PR staff members and network of freelancers
- Contribute to the definition of roles/competencies, identification of expertise needs and participate to selected interviews for recruitment and search for freelancers
- Support with resources allocation for projects and tender related work
- Advise in the development of staff competences
- Ensure the evaluation of the performance process of staff and contribute to their goals and development plan
Competencies / Skills
- 10+ years of relevant experience in the field of international public relations with ideally a previous experience in working in relation with the EU institutions
- Solid knowledge of 360° communication campaigns (including media planning and buying and evaluation)
- Good understanding of the EU institutions
- Solid network within the European PR industry
- An extensive network of journalists around the EU.
- Creative thinker, solution-oriented with the ability to spot problems and turn them into opportunities
- Ability to face complex systems and create a clear structural approach as part of that system
- Team player and fierce believer of collective efforts and results
- Ability to motivate teams, quality-oriented and aiming for service excellence
- Ability to develop and cultivate relationships with clients and key stakeholders
- Highly organised, able to provide expertise across multiple projects at the same time;
- Self-motivated with the ability to work on own initiative and a “can do” attitude
- Flexible with a great sense of responsibility and service and adaptability to changing workload
- Fluent in English and another European language (written and verbal)
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Holds a master’s degree or equivalent combination of education & experience in communication-related disciplines
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Brussels, Belgium (BE75)