Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Group Business Development Operations Leader (Vice President) – Europe & Asia
ICF is a growing global strategic advisory and digital services provider, but we’re not your typical consultants. Founded in 1969, ICF is a purpose-driven company with a strong culture and underlying values that prize diversity, opportunity, equality, and respect. Smart, compassionate, innovative, and committed, we combine unmatched expertise with cutting-edge engagement capabilities to help our global clients solve their most complex challenges, navigate change, and shape the future. Guided by our deeply held values and enduring commitment to corporate and global citizenship, we share a passion for building a more prosperous and resilient world for all.
Help accelerate our positive impact by joining ICF as a Business Development (BD) Operations Leader for our Europe & Asia (E&A) Operating Group, which supports commercial, non-profit, and public sector clients across Europe, Asia, and the United Kingdom. This position's workload will be hands-on, dynamic and engaging across the BD lifecycle – from marketing and pipeline development; through capture and pursuit of high profile, company-changing tenders; through bid & proposal – all the way to the win!
As a senior leader who directly impacts the growth of our business, a successful BD Operations Leader must bring a unique blend of business, market, and strategic thinking skills. A combination of desire, flexibility, resolve and determination, and experience is vital. The successful individual must thrive in an environment of business challenges, overcoming these with practical solutions by aligning our Business Development resources together across the E&A group to drive successful growth.
ICF is looking for an experienced, resourceful, high-energy, collaborative BD professional – with strong organizational and people management skills – to help us bring together our diverse capabilities (e.g., advisory & strategy; digital engagement and integrated outreach; programme design, development, implementation & evaluation) and subject matter expertise (e.g., aviation, social & economic public policy, climate change and green sustainability & energy) to drive significant ICF pursuits and offerings. While E&A staff are currently remote or in hybrid office settings across multiple geographies, this position is optimally located in Belgium, Spain or the UK, with regular visits across offices as the norm.
An engaging persona and ability to work across multiple business divisions, client types, and/or time zones is key. This position reports to E&A’s Group Leader (Senior Vice President), who is a member of ICF’s global Executive Leadership Team.
What you will need:
• Bachelor’s degree (e.g., business, communications, marketing, public policy); Master’s degree preferable.
• 15+ years of relevant Business Development experience with a diversity of clients (e.g., EU or current/former member country governments, NGOs, commercial), bringing growth expertise across global accounts.
• Demonstrated skills leading business development for groups larger than $200M USD, including marketing and sales, opportunity qualification & prioritization, pipeline development, disciplined capture strategy and bid & proposal processes to win competitive bids. • A working knowledge of various procurement and contracting methodologies, contract types and procurement processes.
Additional professional skills and experience:
• Demonstrated an outstanding level of professionalism, including the ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, pivot, tact, and diplomacy when required.
• Strong organizational skills, initiative, and commitment to high-quality work and demonstrating this as a best practice as the business.
• Exceptional communication skills – demonstrated through written and oral presentations.
• Strong meeting facilitation skills and excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to manage by influence, gain support and establish working relationships with internal and external partners and clients.
• Sound business ethics, including the protection of personal, proprietary, and confidential information.
• Strong proficiency in the Microsoft 365 suite of apps.• Bi-lingual or multi-lingual would be beneficial, e.g., English, French, German, Dutch, etc.) but not essential, though the main business language ICF is English.
This is a great opportunity to work with talented and passionate individuals and to grow with a global firm that believes in nurturing talent and developing long-term career success. ICF is thinking bigger; we choose work that matters; we thrive in complexity; we’re fascinated and inspired by fast-paced global forces, where we’re always looking to navigate change and create a better future for all. The best is ahead of us, and if you believe your best is ahead of you, too, please submit your application today. We look forward to hearing from you.
#ER-22 job #LI-CC1 #indeed
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
Brussels, Belgium (BE75)