Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Graphic Design Specialist
ICF is seeking a Graphic Design Specialist responsible for conceptualizing, designing, and producing visual solutions in a wide variety of formats and dissemination outputs for our mental health research client. In this role, you’ll work alongside mental health professionals (Psychologists, Psychiatrists, Social Workers) on a wide-range of routine-to-complex projects such as: charts and graphs, research poster presentations, infographics, presentation visuals, illustrations, publication design, brochures, etc.
- Provide graphic services and design expertise such as (but not limited to) creating graphic design, artwork and documentation layout; and augmenting existing documents with value-added visuals, including on-line, interactive documents.
- Support the processes of editing and review of written and graphic content and design/layout of products and information intended for public release.
- Experience working in graphic design with compelling portfolio of graphic design work.
- Adhere to brand guidelines and complete projects according to deadlines
- Consult and advise on the development of innovative ideas, concepts, solutions, and materials for print, web, and interactive media using tools such as Adobe Creative Suite (Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat, etc.) on a PC and potentially Mac.
- Create preparation of illustrative materials related to Psychological Health.
- Comply with the Rehabilitation Act (Section 508) in all deliverables
- Support client engagement teams in the development and design of reports, presentations, training materials, fact sheets, and other products in multiple media formats (digital, print, video, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Graphic Arts, Digital Design or related programs of study.
- At least 3 – 4 years of directly relevant, similar professional experience
- 3+ years of experience with Adobe Creative Suite (print, web, and video editing applications).
- Strong understanding of the principles, software, and practices of the field of design, and production for print, digital, and multimedia.
- Prior experience working in a fast-paced environment with high demand for a variety of creative deliverables: social, web, print and digital assets.
- The ability to rapidly develop design ideas with solid knowledge of color, layout and typography, with the ability to work towards deadlines and complete tasks on time.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Master’s degree in Communications, Graphic Arts, Digital Design or related programs of study.
- Previous experience supporting content management and communications efforts within a DoD setting.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Maryland Client Office (MD88)