Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Grant Analyst – HUD_ Disaster Recovery
Solving the world’s most complex challenges. At ICF we make BIG things happen. Let’s work together to help Hurricane survivors and communities recover and rebuild for future resilience.
ICF is seeking an Analyst who will support government agencies in Puerto Rico on projects that aim to reduce the island’s future disaster risk. As an Analyst, you should have experience with and knowledge of the Department of Housing and Urban Development’s (HUD) Community Development Block Grant Mitigation – (CDBG-MIT) and/or Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR) programs as well as FEMA and other applicable federal disaster recovery and mitigation programs.
The Analyst will work onsite with the Program Manager, senior ICF staff, subject matter experts, and others to assist the client with project management and implementation of infrastructure, housing, economic development, public service and resilience related activities to ensure smooth project performance. As such, this position requires you to maintain a complete understanding of all applicable program policies, requirements, and procedures within the established project guidelines and to know the regulatory and statutory compliance requirements for HUD-funded programs.
- Successfully manage priorities, project needs, and deadlines and rapidly adapt to changing production requirements and schedules
- Help implement CDBG-MIT funded programs
- Work as part of a team providing expert services to support housing, infrastructure, community development and mitigation efforts
- Ensure all program and project files are fully and accurately documented within the client and local governments’ systems of record
- Perform review of invoices and draw requests for eligibility, per program policies and procedures
- Provide guidance on Federal regulations (CDBG-MIT/DR, FEMA, cross cutting Federal requirements) and translating them into program implementation
- Support subrecipient management and oversight functions
- Help refine program procedures and processes for implementation
- Develop written products and tools for grantee policies and procedures, program implementation, and design
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in Planning, Public Policy, Business Administration, Finance, Government, or a related field
- 1-4 years of relevant experience
- Mitigation, disaster recovery and/or operations experience preferred
- Superior interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, empathy, and a cooperative attitude
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Ability to be flexible to handle multiple priorities and to work limited overtime, as necessary
- Experience working in a consulting firm, development organization, or public agency
- Experience delivering training and technical assistance to and/or implementing projects on behalf of state and local government agencies
- Experience with creation of mitigation, disaster recovery, housing and community development subject-related materials, such as training and technical assistance tools, presentations, handouts, etc.
- Project and personnel management skills
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
This job is a Section 3 eligible job opportunity. We encourage applications from individuals that are low income and/or living in Public Housing.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Guaynabo, PR (PR01)